Tashkent

Standard membernimzo5
Only Chess 03 Dec '12 17:57
  1. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 17:57
    I realize that LCC is the far cooler event but I would love to have an event where Moro, Svidler and Shirov just play each other endlessly for say a year. First player to 100 wins is the victor.

Currently hoping Moro can take this tournament.
  2. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 09:40
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    I realize that LCC is the far cooler event but I would love to have an event where Moro, Svidler and Shirov just play each other endlessly for say a year. First player to 100 wins is the victor.

Moro really seems to have found his Mojo again. His win against Leko is excellent, he'll be back in the top ten in the next few months, no problem.

It's funny, there seems to be two 2700 clubs going on at the moment. Nakamura seems to have secured a permanent place in the 'elite' club (Carlsen/Aronian/Kramnik/Anand) but i have to wonder if he deserves it? What about Radjabov?? He's been 2790+ for a year or so now, why do we never see him in the big tournaments? Caruana seems to be breaking through this glass ceiling, but it's only because he's still a junior and everyone loves the 'child prodigy' story.

While i'm really pleased Polgar is playing in London (i love her style!) i do wonder why they picked her. She's barely 2700 while you have three or four players who's rating should be considered 'Elite'...
  3. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 12:16
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Moro really seems to have found his Mojo again. His win against Leko is excellent, he'll be back in the top ten in the next few months, no problem.

It's funny, there seems to be two 2700 clubs going on at the moment. Nakamura seems to have secured a permanent place in the 'elite' club (Carlsen/Aronian/Kramnik/Anand) but i have to wonder if he deserve ...[text shortened]... while you have three or four players who's rating should be considered 'Elite'...
    There are reasons to like all these guys, but I particularly like Morozevich and Nakamura for their unstereotyped opening play. They are fresh air in a stale room.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 12:241 edit
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    There are reasons to like all these guys, but I particularly like Morozevich and Nakamura for their unstereotyped opening play. They are fresh air in a stale room.
    I wish Naka would smile more, he always seems to me to be angry or pained at something.
  5. Joined
    16 Nov '07
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 12:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I wish Naka would smile more, he always seems to me to be angry or pained at something.
    Chess is War. There's no smiling in War.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 12:531 edit
    Originally posted by Grobzilla
    Chess is War. There's no smiling in War.
    Chess is a game dude, its meant to be played for fun, Palestine, Syria and Afghanistan
    have wars.
  7. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 13:36
    Naka made the jump to the elite when he won Tata Steel in 2011. He also has some influential backing.

As far as Judit, she is continues to be great publicity for any tournament she plays in. Until Hou Yifan or some other woman can crack the top 20 - she will be the default choice.
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 15:46

If you want to trash Kent, take it somewhere else pal. 😠
  9. Jerusalem
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 17:49
    There are winners:
    Karyakin, Moro and Wan Chao (Khao?)
  10. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 03:02
    Naka made the jump to the elite when he won Tata Steel in 2011. He also has some influential backing.

As far as Judit, she is continues to be great publicity for any tournament she plays in. Until Hou Yifan or some other woman can crack the top 20 - she will be the default choice.
    Well he was receiving regular invites to elite events for a couple of years prior to this win. His rating reflects the strength of his opponents, drawing against Anand, etc.. raises his grade. If he scores 50% it goes up, guaranteed. The same would go for anyone else included, i just wonder why he was put to the front of the cue. Again, Radjabov has out graded him for years, why has he been excluded from all these elite events? Is he studying or something??

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree