1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 01:29
    To all of you here at Red Hot Pawn, I'd like to say "thank you". My chess things have been sold, and after 27 years of OTB and Correspondence Chess I must go. Once I played at the 1800 level, now the competitive drive (and most of my skills) have faded. Ego will not allow me to compete if I cannot play well. To Robbie, Green Pawn, and all of you...thanks for the memories!

Most Sincerely - bill718🙂

Fortiter Et Recte
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 01:321 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    To all of you here at Red Hot Pawn, I'd like to say "thank you". My chess things have been sold, and after 27 years of OTB and Correspondence Chess I must go. Once I played at the 1800 level, now the competitive drive (and most of my skills) have faded. Ego will not allow me to compete if I cannot play well. To Robbie, Green Pawn, and all of you...thanks for the memories!

Fortiter Et Recte
    awe dude, its too sad, but take care wherever you are and if you want to retake the
    Americas for Britain, give me a shout and well start with Yorktown - kind regards to
    you and yours - Robbie.
  3. e4
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 01:37
    Hi Bill

You will be back. You can leave the game but the game never leaves you.

Good Luck

Geoff
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '11
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 02:57
    You're gonna need a support group or something if you want to quit chess..
  5. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 15:37
    Originally posted by bill718

Fortiter Et Recte
    We'll save a seat and board for you, just in case!
  6. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 09:31
    Yep, I know from experience. As the Eagles song goes, "You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!"
  7. Mililani, Hawaii
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 09:47
    Salve and vale! Bravely and rightly done, Bill. My time will be coming soon, too. And I will remember you and all of us, who in time will have to say farewell to playing a great game that we all love so much. Take care and aloha, Vince123
  8. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 14:16
    Live long & prosper 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree