10 May '06 08:51

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    10 May '06 10:271 edit
    you don't have to rely on your visualisation skills playing things out on a board.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '06 11:04

4. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    10 May '06 11:18
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    i think it is good for learning chess players to help develop those skills till they no longer need the board. i use it to learn as i can drum good moves into that thick head of mine and i enjoy it. i play over a lot of games and it's good.
    of course better visualisation skills are an advantage. but you asked why. -I suck at realtime chess because my visualisation is far weaker than my other skills. in CC it doesn't affect my play.

no amount of visualisation will ever beat using a board. memory is imperfect, and while you can train your visual memory, it'll never be infallible. the board, on the other hand, doesn't forget.

it has nothing to do with multitasking.
  5. Standard membermipmcpt
    manchester clan
    manchester
    Moves
    10 May '06 11:26
    What board are you talking about?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '06 11:41

7. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '06 11:47

8. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '06 11:58

9. Joined
    04 Apr '06
    Moves
    10 May '06 15:35
    I am feeling that that board is really great to get better here, but at the same time it's ruining OTB games because you aint getting better at visualizing, and I'll say you're loosing visualisation skills by not training them.

I know my visualisation OTB is bad specialy for things coming from the edge (a and h column)
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '06 17:36

11. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    10 May '06 18:10
    I try to go over variation in my head and then use a real board wooden to check over my variation and see if I missed anything.

This way my OTB skills don't get weaker and at the same time I don't give my opponent an advantage during CC. If I was analysing everything in my head and he was using a board or the analyse board he would have the advantage.

However I do get lazy now and then and simply use a real board and forget about using my head. It so tempting to do this but bad!

Wormwood if you want to calculated better for real time chess guess what you do? That's right! I've been grilling you about this. Did you try it out yet? 🙂
  12. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    11 May '06 10:171 edit
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Wormwood if you want to calculated better for real time chess guess what you do? That's right! I've been grilling you about this. Did you try it out yet? 🙂
    haha, yea I know I know, do the slow tactics. 🙂 -I got a 2000-problem pack from my friend, but haven't really started it yet. I'll start it when I get my gameload under control. not much energy to train when I've got about 20 games against people about the same rating as I am. should lose about 50% of those statistically, but I don't accept defeat! 😀 so, if I don't figure out a solution, I try again later, some moves have taken 6-7 days so far. 🙂 when/if I find the move, it's really really rewarding, but also really exhausting...
  13. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    11 May '06 23:00
    Originally posted by wormwood
    haha, yea I know I know, do the slow tactics. 🙂 -I got a 2000-problem pack from my friend, but haven't really started it yet. I'll start it when I get my gameload under control. not much energy to train when I've got about 20 games against people about the same rating as I am. should lose about 50% of those statistically, but I don't accept defeat! 😀 so, ...[text shortened]... r. 🙂 when/if I find the move, it's really really rewarding, but also really exhausting...
    Well good luck with that. I think my 2 games will be over soon and time for another vacation from Rhp games.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree