1. Standard memberThabtos
    I am become Death
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 02:131 edit
    Novelties.

Sure you might have played a game with a position that you can't find in any database, but did you do it on purpose? No!

These are what I call "patzer" novelties, that probably have resulted from your unsound play.

Real novelties are thought out time-bombs to designed to crush the opponent, not the fruits of some silly class A player's poor understanding of positional principles.

Behold, a cache of deadly WMD's:

http://shop.chesscafe.com/In_Your_Face_Chess_Novelties.asp

Of course a resource like this will be lost on you silly patzers, many of you only rated over 2000 in turn-based play.

Look up on Mount Olympus, and despair! I'm comfortable in stating that most people on here, despite how much time you spend on opening study, are nowhere near the level of the author of this precious tome:

http://main.uschess.org/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,181/

Type in TOCHER, ANDREW. Then cry yourself to sleep.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 02:20
    Originally posted by Thabtos
    Novelties.

Sure you might have played a game with a position that you can't find in any database, but did you do it on purpose? No!

These are what I call "patzer" novelties, that probably have resulted from your unsound play.

Real novelties are thought out time-bombs to designed to crush the opponent, not the fruits of some silly class A player's p ...[text shortened]... nt/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,181/

wow, we should all be publishing our latest novelties!
  3. Joined
    09 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 06:45
    Novelties.

Real novelties are thought out time-bombs to designed to crush the opponent, not the fruits of some silly class A player's p ...[text shortened]... nt/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,181/

Don't worry that can't actually be THE andrew tocher
  4. Joined
    25 Jul '07
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 11:27
    Novelties.

Of course a resource like this will be lost on you silly patzers, many of you only rated over 2000 in turn-based play.

What kind of chess isn't turn-based?
  5. e4
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 12:201 edit
    A review here about In Your Face Chess Novelties by Rick Kennedy.

http://www.chessville.com/reviews/InYourFaceChessNovelties.htm
  6. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 12:361 edit
    Novelties.

Real novelties are thought out time-bombs to designed to crush the opponent, not the fruits of some silly class A player's p nt/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,181/

seriously dude, get a gf. : O )
  7. Standard memberThabtos
    I am become Death
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 14:491 edit
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    seriously dude, get a gf. : O )
    If you can convince my wife the need for that, I'll buy you a membership on here for the rest of your life.

😉
  8. Standard memberThabtos
    I am become Death
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 16:00
    Originally posted by aquatabby
    It's called turn-based because you get an allotted amount of time to make your move, then it's the opponent's turn.

Most OTB games you don't get time limit per turn, but you have a set amount of time to play the entire game.
  9. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 20:06
    I always assumed that they started calling it turn based to attract failures of RTS games without the stigma of being Correspondence Chess.
  10. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 01:43
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    I always assumed that they started calling it turn based to attract failures of RTS games without the stigma of being Correspondence Chess.
    Now that's funny!
  11. Joined
    27 Nov '10
    Moves
    30 Dec '10 05:17
    A quote from the promotion: "Is it time to begin winning again with the Ruy?"

Not such a novelty...
  12. Joined
    26 Jan '10
    Moves
    30 Dec '10 09:42
    Originally posted by aquatabby
    Kung Fu Chess?
  13. gumtree
    Moves
    30 Dec '10 10:35
    It's called turn-based because you get an allotted amount of time to make your move, then it's the opponent's turn.

Most OTB games you don't get time limit per turn, but you have a set amount of time to play the entire game.
    So proper old school correspondence chess isn't turn based? 10 moves in 40 days certainly seems similar to the OTB x moves in t minutes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree