1. Subscribernoxidjkram
    Data Warehouser
    Back in the UK!
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 03:20
    I've taken a 3 month break from playing chess and i'm shocked at my drop in playing skills.

I expected a drop, but its truly amazing - i was happily battling with 1600+ players before i took my break and generally faring well, and now i'm struggling against sub-1500s.

My level of play has dropped at least 200 points and probably more - i'm shocking! I've lost the analysis capabilities I was developing almost completely.

Oh well - back to the grindstone! If anyone has some tips for how to ease myself back in, please pass them on.

M
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 03:24
    Originally posted by noxidjkram
    I've taken a 3 month break from playing chess and i'm shocked at my drop in playing skills.

I expected a drop, but its truly amazing - i was happily battling with 1600+ players before i took my break and generally faring well, and now i'm struggling against sub-1500s.

My level of play has dropped at least 200 points and probably more - i'm shocking! ...[text shortened]... indstone! If anyone has some tips for how to ease myself back in, please pass them on.

M
    Tactics everyday and you'll be back to form in a week, I even created a thread with a couple of puzzles that you might like. 😛
  3. Sydney
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 03:30
    It's exactly like physical conditioning .. you actually start to lose measurable form in about 2 weeks. I'll try and dig up the paper I read in uni on it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree