1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 22:461 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Can you see what is wrong with them?
    I apparently don't understand how it works. I thought I get to move the number of moves I wish to checkmate without the opponent being able to make any move.

P.S. I haven't really looked at them again. But I did do them in a hurry and i was tired at the time.
  2. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 22:54
    Great. Stuff. There.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 22:59
    I see what is wrong with the first one. That was easy now. I guess I was too sleepy to have tried to solve puzzles at that time.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 23:19
    Are you allowed to move a piece so it could have been taken before the the final checkmate move?
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 23:371 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Are you allowed to move a piece so it could have been taken before the the final checkmate move?
    You are a sad joke which makes you an oxymoron... emphasis on moron.

It is not hard. White makes the designated amount of moves giving checkmate on the last move.... the only limiting factor is that white may not give check until the final move... if you can read you should already know this but no.... you are just searching for excuses to hide your chess ignorance. Why don't you go h**g yourself since you have no life and god doesn't want you any more than we do.... failing that please leave the chess forum.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 23:391 edit
    I see what's wrong with my second 2x whammy solution too. it is not a mate either. That should be a lesson to all. Don't even try to play chess when you are sleepy. You see things that are not there.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 23:42
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    You are a sad joke which makes you an oxymoron... emphasis on moron.

It is not hard. White makes the designated amount of moves giving checkmate on the last move.... the only limiting factor is that white may not give check until the final move... if you can read you should already know this but no.... you are just searching for excuses to hide your che ...[text shortened]... fe and god doesn't want you any more than we do.... failing that please leave the chess forum.
    Okay, no more excuses. I just screwed up, because I am a moron.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 23:47
    I made the same mistake on the last 2x whammy. But I don't see what is wrong with my solution to the 13x whammy. It seems to work at first look.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Aug '12 00:101 edit
    I think I got all the 2x whammys now. I still don't see a better solution to the 13x whammy, however. The Queen could move to different squares, but that does not really change anything. I guess I am stumped on that one. The 2x whammys seem easy to me now.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 Aug '12 00:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think I got all the 2x whammys now. I still don't see a better solution to the 13x whammy, however. The Queen could move to different squares, but that does not really change anything. I guess I am stumped on that one. The 2x whammys seem easy to me now.
    Not yet...one to go. In fairness, this wrong answer has been sent by several people.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Aug '12 01:17
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Not yet...one to go. In fairness, this wrong answer has been sent by several people.
    Okay, I see now. Ha, ha. 😀
  12. e4
    Moves
    25 Aug '12 01:391 edit
    The difficult 30 minute one stood out right away.
    I have done quite few 2 movers (the standard type) in my time
    and these maxi moves are always in there, it's one of the first things I look for.
    Having two moves on the bounce made it easy.

Was on complete wrong track for one of them.

It's amazing the key to these things is always the last solution you look at.
    (nothing like stating the bleeding obvious.) 🙂

Just got the 13 mover. That was good.
    (and I did it the right way up.)
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Aug '12 02:513 edits
    I can't see the solution to that last double whammy. I think I will give up.

Can I change that last one to a triple whammy? 😀

P.S. Okay, my triple whammy solution for the last one is Qe5, Nf7, Nd8 mate.
    And now I see the double whammy. Hint: Look for two queen moves.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Aug '12 04:071 edit
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    The difficult 30 minute one stood out right away.
    I have done quite few 2 movers (the standard type) in my time
    and these maxi moves are always in there, it's one of the first things I look for.
    Having two moves on the bounce made it easy.

Was on complete wrong track for one of them.

It's amazing the key to these things is always the last solu ...[text shortened]... eeding obvious.) 🙂

Just got the 13 mover. That was good.
    (and I did it the right way up.)
    Yeah, I got that one too now. I had forgot about my king being in check in the first easy method I first did. I made 6 moves and never paid attention that my king was in check the whole time.
  15. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    30 Aug '12 22:44
    I can't get that last one. It's hurting my brain.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree