1. Joined
    16 Oct '09
    Moves
    24 May '10 16:181 edit
    Originally posted by surgubbe
    I think you will have to find it through used book dealers. Yusupovs (called something like "Build Your Chess"😉 might be am alternative. The first book is aimed for 1500-players if I remember correctly but I have heard the comment that it is more suitable for 1700-players.
    The yusupov are much more advanced than their suggested Elo, the least advanced one is about 1700 and the most advanced one 2200-2300. I remember Jacob Aagard saying he had a lot of difficulty with some of the problems in the last book, and he's rated 2538...
  2. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    25 May '10 14:34
    Originally posted by Knightlore
    Worth noting that FabianFnas' opponents' average rating is in the 1500s.
    I am rated around 2100, and the score vs. FabianFnas is 0:4 (for him).
  3. Standard memberMariska Angela
    Nyuszi, golyó!
    Moves
    25 May '10 14:49
    People just need to learn how to be creative, and learn to play.

I liked the idea behind Game 6486326
  4. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    25 May '10 15:11
    Originally posted by Mariska Angela

what idea?
  5. Standard memberMariska Angela
    Nyuszi, golyó!
    Moves
    25 May '10 16:55
    Originally posted by wormwood
    what idea?
    I liked the idea of all the sacrifices. Maybe he wanted more than just perpetual with 22. Ng6 23. Ne5 and lost it in the end. But the idea was nice.

At the same time his last few moves are very 😕 compared to the first part of the game.
  6. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    25 May '10 19:02
    I liked the idea of all the sacrifices. Maybe he wanted more than just perpetual with 22. Ng6 23. Ne5 and lost it in the end. But the idea was nice.

At the same time his last few moves are very 😕 compared to the first part of the game.
    Forget about the last few moves of a lost game. Usually, one just has to digest (or at least I do so) that a hard fought battle is over, where you were confident for many months (!) that you have a good chance to win.

You were right about the perpetual, and that I still wanted to go for a win at that point. This you have to see in the context of the game. It was round 8 of a Mega-Duel tournament started in May 2006 (!). Our other game didn't look promising for me at that point (at best a draw, but rather a loss), and the winner of the other, remaining group was less strong; so this game was quite decisive for the whole tournament; therefore I took some risks. There were earlier opportunities where I could get back some material; e.g. 16. Bxc4 Nxc4 17. Qd3+; or similarly one move later 17. Bxc4 instead of Qd3, but what is my Queen doing behind the battle front on c4 (that or something like that was what I thought)?

Anyway, 26...d5 was unexpected for me, and 27...Nd6 was a real surprise and killed all my attacks (as far as I remember).

Nevertheless, thanks that you liked my sacrifices. Maybe, next time they work again.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 May '10 20:05

Oh, I remember this game with horror. He was on me from all directions, and all I wanted to do was to reduce his number of pieces attacking my poor king.

If we count his number of active pieces and my number of active pieces and forget the rest, it was like an attack by wasps. How sould I use my few active pices, and bring out my other ones?

But as long I didn't see the mortal attack I fought on. I used a lot of time analysing, my magnetic chess board was attached by my frigo so I saw the position whenever I took anything to eat. Often I thought, what am I doing? Isn't it time for me to surrender? But when the opportunity came by to give his king an attack, I did.

Gambit05, Thank you for this game! 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree