1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '11 20:14
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    Strong players i.e. IM's make their living but chewing up guys like me from even positions. So needless to say they don't offer draws...

Against guys my own weight it depends on the tournament situation- the last year or so I played almost exclusively in closed fide stuff where nothing was on the line but your rating so I was more inclined to accept a draw ...[text shortened]... just assuming that when I sit down to play I will have to "prove" I can win/draw a position.
    I can see not accepting the draw unless the position is trivial
  2. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    21 Jul '11 17:222 edits
    I can't remember exactly what move I offered a draw in this game, somewhere around 27 or 28 if I recall correctly. Due to my double pawn on the C file, my opponent felt he had the advantage. He should have taken the draw as he played the endgame very poorly.

3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 00:53
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    I can't remember exactly what move I offered a draw in this game, somewhere around 27 or 28 if I recall correctly. Due to my double pawn on the C file, my opponent felt he had the advantage. He should have taken the draw as he played the endgame very poorly.

[pgn][Event "Open invite"] [Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"] [Date "2011.07.13"] [EndDate "201 ...[text shortened]... f5 48. h4 Kb3xa3 49. Nh7g5 Ka3xb4 50. Ng5e6 Rf5e5 51. Ke3d4 0-1[/pgn]
    It seem that maybe once you got the exchange, the game was over.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree