1. Standard memberpawntorook4
    chaotic patzer
    Campinas, SP; Brazil
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 14:37
    Just wanted to know, if other people here think it is wiser to have a lessened game load and take more times between moves, and if they noticed improvement in play when they did that?
  2. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 15:11
    I get cold and rusty if I don't move often; also short timeouts cuts down on cheating, as rapid play causes a lot of work load in a short time.
  3. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 15:13
    The more games you have the worse you play is how I see it. You blitz it more with 100 games than 10.
  4. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 15:18
    Originally posted by pawntorook4
    Just wanted to know, if other people here think it is wiser to have a lessened game load and take more times between moves, and if they noticed improvement in play when they did that?
    the more you take time on a move the better you play. with a big gameload you won't have energy to do that indefinitely, even if you had the time. treat CC as studying, and the points will rush in.
  5. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 15:20
    Originally posted by pawntorook4
    You'll definitely find more time to devote to quality play if you're only engaged in 10 games rather than 100 games. It may sound cliche, but sometimes after lengthy study of a complicated postion and finding a move I feel confident about, I decide I'm going to sleep on it. And sure enough, a lot of times when I look at the position the next day, I completely re-evaluate my plan for the better. I definitely have improvement if I play fewer games at once.

--

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree