Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    06 Aug '13 04:16
    http://tacticstime.com/colorado-chess/the-sharknado-of-colorado-chess/
  2. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    11 Aug '13 02:40 / 3 edits
    Here's a PGN, but it won't display 😞

    [Event "Pikes Peak Open"]
    [Site "Colorado Springs, CO"]
    [Date "2013.08.10"]
    [Round "2"]
    [White "Sage, Timothy"]
    [Black "Brennan, Tim"]
    [Result "0-1"]
    [ECO "A52"]
    [WhiteElo "2148"]
    [BlackElo "1836"]
    [PlyCount "68"]
    [EventDate "2013.??.??"]
    [Source "MonRoi"]

    1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 e5 3. dxe5 Ng4 4. Nf3 Nc6 5. e3 Ngxe5 6. Be2 Bc5 7. O-O d6 8.
    Nc3 O-O 9. b3 Be6 10. Nd4 Qh4 11. f4 Ng4 12. h3 Nf6 13. Rf3 Rae8 14. Ncb5 Re7
    15. Bd2 a6 16. Nxe6 fxe6 17. Nc3 Ref7 18. Qe1 Qh6 19. Kh1 Ne7 20. e4 Nd7 21. g4
    Rxf4 22. Bxf4 Rxf4 23. Qg3 Rxf3 24. Qxf3 Ne5 25. Qg3 Qd2 26. Rd1 Qc2 27. Rf1
    N7g6 28. Bd1 Qd2 29. Ne2 Nd3 30. Qf3 Nf2+ 31. Kh2 Be3 32. Kg3 e5 33. Ng1 Bf4+
    34. Kg2 Nh4# 0-1
  3. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    11 Aug '13 03:01
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Here's a PGN, but it won't display 😞

    [Event "Pikes Peak Open"]
    [Site "Colorado Springs, CO"]
    [Date "2013.08.10"]
    [Round "2"]
    [White "Sage, Timothy"]
    [Black "Brennan, Tim"]
    [Result "0-1"]
    [ECO "A52"]
    [WhiteElo "2148"]
    [BlackElo "1836"]
    [PlyCount "68"]
    [EventDate "2013.??.??"]
    [Source "MonRoi"]

    1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 e5 3. dxe5 Ng4 4. Nf3 Nc6 5 ...[text shortened]... 3 30. Qf3 Nf2+ 31. Kh2 Be3 32. Kg3 e5 33. Ng1 Bf4+
    34. Kg2 Nh4# 0-1
    [Event "Pikes Peak Open"]
    [Site "Colorado Springs, CO"]
    [Date "2013.08.10"]
    [Round "2"]
    [White "Sage, Timothy"]
    [Black "Brennan, Tim"]
    [Result "0-1"]
    [ECO "A52"]
    [WhiteElo "2148"]
    [BlackElo "1836"]
    [PlyCount "68"]
    [EventDate "2013.??.??"]
    [Source "MonRoi"]
    ]
  4. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    11 Aug '13 03:39
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [Event "Pikes Peak Open"]
    [Site "Colorado Springs, CO"]
    [Date "2013.08.10"]
    [Round "2"]
    [White "Sage, Timothy"]
    [Black "Brennan, Tim"]
    [Result "0-1"]
    [ECO "A52"]
    [WhiteElo "2148"]
    [BlackElo "1836"]
    [PlyCount "68"]
    [EventDate "2013.??.??"]
    [Source "MonRoi"]
    [pgn]
    1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 e5 3. dxe5 Ng4 4. Nf3 Nc6 5. e3 Ngxe5 6. Be2 Bc5 7. O-O d6 8. Nc3 O ...[text shortened]... . Qf3 Nf2+ 31. Kh2 Be3 32. Kg3 e5 33. Ng1 Bf4+ 34. Kg2 Nh4# 0-1[/pgn]]
    Much obliged RJH
  5. Standard member hedonist
    peacedog's keeper
    11 Aug '13 08:50 / 1 edit
    What happens if white plays 21. f5? Looks to me that the black queen is running out of squares.

    Nice mate BTW, is that you playing black? If it is nice scalpπŸ™‚
  6. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    11 Aug '13 19:37
    Originally posted by hedonist
    What happens if white plays 21. f5?
    Are you trying to provoke the anger of Timzilla? If so let me know so I can hide. πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚
  7. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    11 Aug '13 19:39
    Originally posted by hedonist


    Nice mate BTW, is that you playing black? If it is nice scalpπŸ™‚
    No sir, He's a local boy done good, and the CSCA etc are very proud of his latest accomplishments. πŸ™‚
  8. Standard member hedonist
    peacedog's keeper
    11 Aug '13 21:40
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Are you trying to provoke the anger of Timzilla? If so let me know so I can hide. πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚
    Both the players are called Tim.

    Is it Timkong vs Timzilla? πŸ™„
  9. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    11 Aug '13 23:30
    Originally posted by hedonist
    Both the players are called Tim.

    Is it Timkong vs Timzilla? πŸ™„
    Timzilla was black. We are currently working on several projects to defeat Timzilla. I am working on a Mechanical Gunnar-Mothra and my pal is building a robot he calls The Brian-ator. So far kyptonite hasn't worked.
  10. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    12 Aug '13 04:09
    Originally posted by hedonist
    What happens if white plays 21. f5? Looks to me that the black queen is running out of squares.

    Nice mate BTW, is that you playing black? If it is nice scalpπŸ™‚
    That is better that 21.g4. Black's only move is 21...Qf6.

    The Instructor
  11. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    12 Aug '13 04:23 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is better that 21.g4. Black's only move is 21...Qf6.

    The Instructor
    Much obliged RJH
  12. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    12 Aug '13 04:28 / 1 edit
    Tim Brennan (1952) LM BrianWall (2252)

    C01: French exchange variation

    Round 3 of Brian Wall Chess Club Taco Bell Game/30 + a 5 second delay

    8/2/2013

  13. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    12 Aug '13 04:52
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Tim Brennan (1952) LM BrianWall (2252)

    C01: French exchange variation

    Round 3 of Brian Wall Chess Club Taco Bell Game/30 + a 5 second delay

    8/2/2013

    [pgn]1. e4 e6 2. d4 d5 3. exd5 exd5 4. Bd3 Bd6 5. Nf3 Ne7 6. O-O Nd7 7. Bg5 h6 8. Bxe7 Bxe7 9. Re1 O-O 10. Nbd2 c6 11. c3 Re8 12. Bc2 Bf8 13. Nb3 Rxe1+ 14. Qxe1 Nf6 15. Ne5 Qd6 16. Nc5 b6 17. Nb ...[text shortened]... Nd7 24. g5 hxg5 25. Qh3 Nf6 26. fxg5 Ne4 27. Nxe4 dxe4 28. Qf5 Qd5 29. Bxe4 Rxe5 30. Qh7#[/pgn]
    That 29...Rxe5 was really a dumb move for a 2252 rated player.

    The Instructor
  14. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    12 Aug '13 05:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That 29...Rxe5 was really a dumb move for a 2252 rated player.

    The Instructor
    Much obliged RJH
  15. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    13 Aug '13 10:43
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Much obliged RJH
    What is an LM?