Originally posted by scandium
I agree with wormwood, blunder check every move and you'll get to 1600 fairly easily. To elaborate a bit further, before committing to your move ask yourself the following:
1. Are any of my pieces hanging now? Will this move result in a piece hanging?
2. Is there a tactical shot my opp can make that will win material?
3. What did my opponent threa ...[text shortened]... e checklist, but make it a point to run through it on every move and you will make 1600 easily.
Or do the exact opposite and hit a GM status.. Tal style.
1. Are any of my pieces safe now? If so, why? Will this move allow the hanging of another piece?
2. Is there a tactical shot I can leave for my opponent to allow the loss of material?
3. How can I hang my queen?
4. Are any of his pieces hanging? Do I have any tactical shots that lose material?
5. Declare mate in 21... freaks em out every time.
lol... Go Tal and join the Sacrifice clan