1. USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 15:11
    ...do what?
  2. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 15:321 edit
    be slightly arrogant, expect evrything your opponent does to be a misstake, and look for it, and look how to exploit it. If you cant find anything that your opponent has done, just look for even slight weaknesses and try and expolit them, dont look for a win, look for an improvement of position. when your opponent starts losing winning is easy, just play as you have been and their game will fall apart.

also play high rated opponents and learn from it. if they beat you look at what they did to beat you and see what you did to allow them to do it, and learn from it.
  3. Joined
    22 Nov '07
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 15:33
    play chess I think. Also, winning more then losing will help some.
  4. The sky
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 16:14
    If you haven't already done so, learn some basic tactics, endgames and opening principles. Don't play too many games. Take your time to think about a move. Use the analysis board. Use an opening database (well, you should get to 1500 easily without that, but it helps to learn openings).
  5. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 16:32
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    ...do what?
    not drop material to 1-movers. simple as that, and will get you 1600+.

blundercheck every move.
  6. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 17:49
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    ...do what?
    Well you already peaked at 1400+ so start by doing what you did to get there in the first place then look at 1500. Looks like you timed out of a boatload of games to get you where you are now.
  7. Joined
    18 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 18:34
    You don't have to do much to get to 1500. I got to 1600 and to be blatantly honest I'm a terrible Chess player!!
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 19:35
    Originally posted by crazycol
    You don't have to do much to get to 1500. I got to 1600 and to be blatantly honest I'm a terrible Chess player!!
    Yeah you are 😛
  9. Joined
    08 Nov '07
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 00:10
    I agree with wormwood, blunder check every move and you'll get to 1600 fairly easily. To elaborate a bit further, before committing to your move ask yourself the following:

1. Are any of my pieces hanging now? Will this move result in a piece hanging?

2. Is there a tactical shot my opp can make that will win material?

3. What did my opponent threaten with his last move?

4. Are any of his pieces hanging? Do I have any tactical shots that win material?

Simple checklist, but make it a point to run through it on every move and you will make 1600 easily.
  10. 1. e4!!
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 01:36
    I have a bad habit of assuming my opponent will play the worse move possible. Don't do that. For some reason I can't see the best move for my opponent because I'm so fixated on them doing their worse.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 01:12
    Originally posted by scandium
    I agree with wormwood, blunder check every move and you'll get to 1600 fairly easily. To elaborate a bit further, before committing to your move ask yourself the following:

1. Are any of my pieces hanging now? Will this move result in a piece hanging?

2. Is there a tactical shot my opp can make that will win material?

3. What did my opponent threa ...[text shortened]... e checklist, but make it a point to run through it on every move and you will make 1600 easily.
    Or do the exact opposite and hit a GM status.. Tal style.

1. Are any of my pieces safe now? If so, why? Will this move allow the hanging of another piece?

2. Is there a tactical shot I can leave for my opponent to allow the loss of material?

3. How can I hang my queen?

4. Are any of his pieces hanging? Do I have any tactical shots that lose material?

5. Declare mate in 21... freaks em out every time.

lol... Go Tal and join the Sacrifice clan 🙂.
  12. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 02:02
    Start out at 3000 and play like crap 🙂
  13. Joined
    08 Nov '07
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 02:391 edit
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    Or do the exact opposite and hit a GM status.. Tal style.

1. Are any of my pieces safe now? If so, why? Will this move allow the hanging of another piece?

2. Is there a tactical shot I can leave for my opponent to allow the loss of material?

3. How can I hang my queen?

4. Are any of his pieces hanging? Do I have any tactical shots that lose mat ...[text shortened]... Declare mate in 21... freaks em out every time.

lol... Go Tal and join the Sacrifice clan 🙂.
    My checklist was intended for the play of conventional chess, and not the Loser's (or "suicide" ) variation, which yours seems aimed at 😉
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 18:21
    Originally posted by scandium
    My checklist was intended for the play of conventional chess, and not the Loser's (or "suicide" ) variation, which yours seems aimed at 😉
    lol yah that's kinda my dream.. get so good that even the wrong moves win 😛.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree