To put things into perspective...

To put things into perspective...

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
01 Nov 06

Not long after I first joined the site, I was hovering around the 1100-1200 range and looked at players that were between 1300 and 1400. They appeared such strong players to me. I never imagined reaching that range. Having broken the 1400 barrier it shows that we are all capable of improving, it is just putting your mind to it. 🙂

In a bit of a slump now though because I have taken on two large tournaments and have far too many games on the go for me. It is causing me to play too fast. 🙁

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
01 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by lausey
Not long after I first joined the site, I was hovering around the 1100-1200 range and looked at players that were between 1300 and 1400. They appeared such strong players to me. I never imagined reaching that range. Having broken the 1400 barrier it shows that we are all capable of improving, it is just putting your mind to it. 🙂

In a bit of a slump now ...[text shortened]... tournaments and have far too many games on the go for me. It is causing me to play too fast. 🙁
Good point. I never thought I would break 1700. It's improved my OTB game as well, which is really what it's all about (for me). 🙂

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
01 Nov 06
1 edit

just a year ago, I remember thinking "damn those 1300+ problems are hard!" on CTS. 🙂 now the 1600's seem easy and 1700's don't feel that difficult either, they just take a couple of seconds too long to solve...

m
manchester clan

manchester

Moves
01 Nov 06

Whats CTS

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
01 Nov 06

Originally posted by mipmcpt
Whats CTS
chess tactics server
http://chess.emrald.net/index.php

cg

Seattle

Moves
01 Nov 06

the program is confusing on that site...
not that the problems are...its just not user friendly

e8

Moves
01 Nov 06

[In a bit of a slump now though because I have taken on two large tournaments and have far too many games on the go for me. It is causing me to play too fast. 🙁[/b]
If you've taken on too many games then you're causing you to play too fast; take fewer games then you can concentrate more.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
01 Nov 06

Originally posted by excalibur 8
If you've taken on too many games then you're causing you to play too fast; take fewer games then you can concentrate more.
Yes, aware of that and trying to cut down. It was the taking on of those two large tournaments which made my number of games jump from under 30 games to over 90. At the time of subscribing to them, I foolishly didn't pay attention to how many games will be played at the same time when started. Now I have to play them out.

I am impressed that GalaxyShield can handle 424 games and have a rating of 1896. 🙂

nunquam perdo

Washington, DC

Moves
01 Nov 06

The exact same thing happened to me.

I never tried tournements here before and I grabbed one... it added 8 games to my list.

Then I couldn't get into another tournement because they were booked. Finally, I saw a few open and they added 60 games to my list. My total was up close to 90 as well.

I have 14 down and once I get them all gone I'll be more careful when I pick a tournament.

If I have a game that looks like it will end quick I'll let the other games linger and try to knock that game out. For games I need to get a big think about I will let my whole timebank go before I rush a move.