Tom the Tromp RIP

Tom the Tromp RIP

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
22 Apr 07

Originally posted by YUG0slav
Excuse me? Listen, the last time I saw a thread like this, the guy who supposedly died started posting again a couple months later. Pull out that stick up your ass and shut up about crap that doesn't even concern you.
I gotta disagree with you here, I was skeptical at first too, but it's better to keep your mouth shut because there's a good chance it's true - in this case it clearly is.

Y

Moves
22 Apr 07

Originally posted by cmsMaster
I gotta disagree with you here, I was skeptical at first too, but it's better to keep your mouth shut because there's a good chance it's true - in this case it clearly is.
to quote you..."I don't care about your feelings"

c

Moves
22 Apr 07

to quote you..."I don't care about your feelings"
I don't. I really don't. But I do have respect for good chess players, especially when they die.

And if you bother trying to point out examples of me not showing respect to good chessplayers on here, it's probably because I think they cheat.

Anyhow, just because I don't care about your feelings doesn't mean you should emulate me.

Y

Moves
22 Apr 07

Just to clear things up, it's not as if I don't care that Tom has passed on, or find it amusing. I'm just justifying myself regarding advances made against me regarding my posting of a simple fact.

c

Moves
22 Apr 07

Just to clear things up, it's not as if I don't care that Tom has passed on, or find it amusing. I'm just justifying myself regarding advances made against me regarding my posting of a simple fact.
Well you probably should have added "but if it is real, then I feel sympathy for his friends and family" after the ellipses. In any case, I can tell you from experience that if you're going to make those types of comments you'd better expect people to have knives to throw at you (metaphorically, of course...).

Y

Moves
22 Apr 07

You've got a point there, that probably would have been a good idea.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
23 Apr 07

There is one fundamental difference though. Regardless as to who Tom the Trump is on here (even though a number of players clearly know who he was), this thread is about Tom Clarke, a well known chess champion who has clearly passed away.

Previous threads you are referring to was regarding RHP players who were hardly known by anyone in the world of chess.