Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 25 Jul '07 02:21
    Whenever an opponent takes one of my pieces, I feel compelled to capture one of their own. But I'm certainly finding out it's not always the best move.
  2. Standard member bannedplayer306509
    Best Loser
    25 Jul '07 02:40
    Originally posted by Evey Hammond
    Whenever an opponent takes one of my pieces, I feel compelled to capture one of their own. But I'm certainly finding out it's not always the best move.
    just violently sacrifice everything. Tal had it goin for him
  3. 25 Jul '07 02:55
    There are two types of sacrifices: correct ones and mine.

RK
  4. Standard member hammster21
    Endgamer
    25 Jul '07 03:13
    Originally posted by RahimK
    There are two types of sacrifices: correct ones and mine.

RK
    "Please edit quoted text responsibly. Making modifications which misrepresent the original post will result in a forum ban."

I believe that you have just violated this rule. The forum moderators should be contacted as this quote is not yours and has been misquoted from a chess player who was actually good.
  5. Standard member bannedplayer306509
    Best Loser
    25 Jul '07 03:24
    Originally posted by hammster21
    "Please edit quoted text responsibly. Making modifications which misrepresent the original post will result in a forum ban."

I believe that you have just violated this rule. The forum moderators should be contacted as this quote is not yours and has been misquoted from a chess player who was actually good.
    gold!!! 'actually good' ... needs a rec.
  6. 25 Jul '07 03:25

I did not quote an original post from Rhp
  7. Standard member hammster21
    Endgamer
    25 Jul '07 03:30
    It's still sad. You trying to steal this quote and use it as your own. Whats next, we're going to find your "MVP" celebration speech came from somewhere else? "cocky as T.O. I have bad B.O" ??? Come on, where did you pull that off of, really?
  8. 25 Jul '07 03:34
    YouTube&mode=related&search=

Haha...you ppl are so uptight, yeesh...chill..
  9. Standard member hammster21
    Endgamer
    25 Jul '07 03:37
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Haha...you ppl are so uptight, yeesh...chill..
    Your an idiot. I edited your quote before and you were upset. Now your playing it off as some joke. Just look back at the "e4 or d4" thread.
  10. 25 Jul '07 03:39
    Your an idiot. I edited your quote before and you were upset. Now your playing it off as some joke. Just look back at the "e4 or d4" thread.
    I was upset? Haha....

You think you know me....On this day, I see clearly......
  11. 25 Jul '07 07:37
    how can you dare standing up against the mighty RahimK, "after all he's done for you guys" ? what a shame. people don't have any gratitude these days.
  12. 25 Jul '07 17:03
    True. Desperado sacrifices and Zwischenzugs can lay bare the best-laid plans.
  13. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    25 Jul '07 17:32
    Originally posted by diskamyl
    how can you dare standing up against the mighty RahimK, "after all he's done for you guys" ? what a shame. people don't have any gratitude these days.
    Isn't that the truth... Heaven forbid. (After all, he must be divine.)
  14. 25 Jul '07 21:26
    If you don't recapture don't you lose a lot of material?
  15. 25 Jul '07 21:44
    Originally posted by masscat
    If you don't recapture don't you lose a lot of material?
    well sometimes, if you recapture you will lose even more material... it depends completley on the position, but recapturing can sometimes weaken other squares which can then be occupied, called a decoy tactic