1. Standard memberhunterknox
    Hopeless romantic
    The sticks
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 21:03
    ...how do you stay motivated to play internet chess when you know you're likey to be playing against more than your fair share of engine cheats? I'm not criticising this site (I would imagine it's endemic on any chess site), just wondering.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 22:06
    Originally posted by hunterknox
    ...how do you stay motivated to play internet chess when you know you're likey to be playing against more than your fair share of engine cheats? I'm not criticising this site (I would imagine it's endemic on any chess site), just wondering.
    occupational hazard?
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 23:44
    I keep my challenges to U2000 to weed out the most blatant cheats.
  4. Standard memberyosiman
    Genius
    playing chess
    Moves
    07 Dec '12 00:13
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I keep my challenges to U2000 to weed out the most blatant cheats.
    Exactly, just don't play the top rated players and you have nothing to worry about.
  5. Joined
    16 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '12 08:46

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    16 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '12 08:50

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    16 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '12 08:58
    This is getting boring now. If you don't want to play here, don't play. But please don't clog up this forum with more posts about engine use.
  8. Standard memberhunterknox
    Hopeless romantic
    The sticks
    Moves
    07 Dec '12 19:27
    Originally posted by scubily
    This is getting boring now. If you don't want to play here, don't play. But please don't clog up this forum with more posts about engine use.
    Who doesn't want to play here?
  9. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 15:08
    I was in the top 50 for a long time. Seems to be impossible nowadays to maintain that position, at least for me. There are too many players around who make perfect moves all the time. I guess most highly rated real players will sooner or later leave the site (or at least do not renew their subscription) or their rating drop since they are overrun by the perfect players. Or both.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 16:52
    Originally posted by gambit05
    I was in the top 50 for a long time. Seems to be impossible nowadays to maintain that position, at least for me. There are too many players around who make perfect moves all the time. I guess most highly rated real players will sooner or later leave the site (or at least do not renew their subscription) or their rating drop since they are overrun by the perfect players. Or both.
    I only see two players in the top 50 that have not lost a game. They haven't played many games yet, however. Also we do not have any grandmasters playing on RHP, so how can you say too many players are making perfect moves and be serious about it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree