Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    25 Jun '13 14:04
    What was his handle? Yesterday I saw the top rating was at 2483 and now is gone. Did he get banned?
  2. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    25 Jun '13 15:03 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What was his handle? Yesterday I saw the top rating was at 2483 and now is gone. Did he get banned?
    No he is still there. He just blundered and lost his queen against a player rated 1400+ and his rating went down to 2463. Carpmaniac71 vs Jhaker. I played him once and lost. It is too bad he did not blunder against me.

    The Instructor
  3. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    25 Jun '13 15:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No he is still there. He just blundered and lost his queen against a player rated 1400+ and his rating went down to 2463. Carpmaniac71 vs Jhaker. I played him once and lost. It is too bad he did not blunder against me.

    The Instructor
    Yeah, I saw that, but the updated game list did not come on immediately, it took a couple hours to settle in. The first time I looked I didn't see a loss, then a hour later the game list was updated and I saw the loss right away. That must have been a shocker to him to lose the queen like that.
  4. Donation ketchuplover
    G.O.A.T.
    25 Jun '13 15:27
    To err is human,and some are more human than others.
  5. 25 Jun '13 15:33
    What a shame I thought he would break Ironman31's record of 2491.

    That's the highest rating ever achieved without multiple accounts. Getting there would have been a remarkable achievement considering it was set by an engine user.
  6. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    25 Jun '13 17:27
    Originally posted by KnightStalker47
    What a shame I thought he would break Ironman31's record of 2491.

    That's the highest rating ever achieved without multiple accounts. Getting there would have been a remarkable achievement considering it was set by an engine user.
    Was wondering about that. So the # to beat is 2491. Well, he got close. When you are 2400+, losing to a 1400 is devastating! If I lost to a 1400, no big deal
  7. 25 Jun '13 17:41
    Here's an interesting game:
    http://www.halesowenchessclub.org.uk/chvgrzy.htm
  8. 25 Jun '13 19:03
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Here's an interesting game:
    http://www.halesowenchessclub.org.uk/chvgrzy.htm
    Welcome back to the site after your time off.
  9. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    25 Jun '13 19:31
    Originally posted by KnightStalker47
    What a shame I thought he would break Ironman31's record of 2491.

    That's the highest rating ever achieved without multiple accounts. Getting there would have been a remarkable achievement considering it was set by an engine user.
    I think he could still make it with another string of wins. He played a very good defensive game against me.

    The Instructor
  10. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    26 Jun '13 02:36
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think he could still make it with another string of wins. He played a very good defensive game against me.

    The Instructor
    You mean against your computer?
  11. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    26 Jun '13 04:47
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You mean against your computer?
    I don't think he is that good. He won our game as Black.

    The Instructor
  12. Standard member woodypusher
    misanthrope
    26 Jun '13 04:58
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't think he is that good. He won our game as Black.

    The Instructor
    What happened? Set your position up wrong?
  13. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    26 Jun '13 12:30 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    What happened? Set your position up wrong?
    I think I came out of the opening okay. I believe I just got too ambitious at the prospects of attacking his King and overlooked a couple of his defensive moves that wind up putting me on the defense and I was not up to that defensive task. I prefer to be on the attack and not have to worry about my King that much. I guess I was really playing hope chess -- hoping he would not make the best defensive moves so I would be able to mate his King.

    The Instructor
  14. Standard member atticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    26 Jun '13 20:09
    I wondered what carpmaniac71 means in Polish.

    I know what it means in Norwegian. It means juksende drittsekk

    And in Polish, that means dran oszustwo