1. USA
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 22:18
    The match is two weeks away from today in Sophia, Bulgaria. Who do you think will win?

I want Kamsky to win, but Topalov is on fire and Kamsky had a mediocre performance at Corus, so I think Topalov will win. I give the odds 7-3 Topalov
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 22:42
    Originally posted by chesskid001
    The match is two weeks away from today in Sophia, Bulgaria. Who do you think will win?

I want Kamsky to win, but Topalov is on fire and Kamsky had a mediocre performance at Corus, so I think Topalov will win. I give the odds 7-3 Topalov
    Just like the Cards, Steelers game, there's heart money and smart money. The smart money is on Topalov, but no one feels good about that bet.
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 23:30

I'm not surprised Kamsky didn't do too well in Corus. I dare say he has a number of opening lines prepared and would have avoided going anywhere near them in the Corus tournament as that would allow Topalov time to prepare. I would expect Kamsky to turn up with a totally different opening repertoire when he meets Topalov. I agree Topalov has to be the favourite though. Kamsky will have to try and score well early, Topa has a habit of starting badly in tournaments then rallying late on. If Kamsky can start well and draw out the remaining games he's got as good a chance of winning as anyone... 🙂
  4. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 03:05

I'd give Topolov a slight edge, but frankly it's too close to call.😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree