Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Standard member ivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    06 Aug '08 22:26 / 3 edits
    Recent chat on fics after I defeated higher rated opponent ;

    NineMiles: lucky
    RHPivan: yeah
    NineMiles: run away?
    RHPivan: yeah
    NineMiles: hmm
    NineMiles: i see
    RHPivan: yeah
    NineMiles: scared?
    RHPivan: yeah
    NineMiles: a lucky win -- then RUN.................
    RHPivan: yeah
    NineMiles: rematch me
    RHPivan: yeah
    NineMiles: type rem (*rematch window appears*)
    RHPivan: nope (*declines rematch request*)
    NineMiles: chicken boy?
    RHPivan: much
    RHPivan:
    NineMiles: he he
    NineMiles: he he
    NineMiles: lucky win -- then RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN...
    NineMiles: I hear chicken noises coming from you
    NineMiles: rem
    NineMiles: pussy
    RHPivan: hou hou
    RHPivan: actually, I am calamauri

    (THE END cause my opponent've left)

    lesson ; be nice and funny with trollz, eventually they get bored and leave
  2. 06 Aug '08 22:43
    ...
  3. 06 Aug '08 22:48
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    Recent chat on fics after I defeated higher rated opponent ;

    NineMiles: lucky
    RHPivan: yeah
    NineMiles: run away?
    RHPivan: yeah
    NineMiles: hmm
    NineMiles: i see
    RHPivan: yeah
    NineMiles: scared?
    RHPivan: yeah
    NineMiles: a lucky win -- then RUN.................
    RHPivan: yeah
    NineMiles: rematch me
    RHPivan: yeah
    NineMiles: type rem (*rematch windo ...[text shortened]... nent've left)

    lesson ; be nice and funny with trollz, eventually they get bored and leave
    So in other words, a typical chat conversation.
  4. Standard member eldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    22 Aug '08 16:49
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    So in other words, a typical chat conversation.
    something like that.
  5. 22 Aug '08 17:06
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    Recent chat on fics after I defeated higher rated opponent ;

    NineMiles: lucky
    RHPivan: yeah
    NineMiles: run away?
    RHPivan: yeah
    NineMiles: hmm
    NineMiles: i see
    RHPivan: yeah
    NineMiles: scared?
    RHPivan: yeah
    NineMiles: a lucky win -- then RUN.................
    RHPivan: yeah
    NineMiles: rematch me
    RHPivan: yeah
    NineMiles: type rem (*rematch windo ...[text shortened]... nent've left)

    lesson ; be nice and funny with trollz, eventually they get bored and leave
    funny conversation but why not just rematch? I'd never turn down a rematch offer from a higher rated player.
  6. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    22 Aug '08 18:46
    Originally posted by jnguyen
    funny conversation but why not just rematch? I'd never turn down a rematch offer from a higher rated player.
    Because it's no fun to play a jerk. If you lose he'll taunt you and if you win he'll curse you. Either way, it's not relaxing and fun - which is why we play blitz.
  7. Standard member eldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    22 Aug '08 20:18
    Originally posted by sh76
    Because it's no fun to play a jerk. If you lose he'll taunt you and if you win he'll curse you. Either way, it's not relaxing and fun - which is why we play blitz.
    blitz is way more fun when you can look the opponent in the eye.
  8. 22 Aug '08 20:54
    Originally posted by eldragonfly
    blitz is way more fun when you can look the opponent in the eye.
    I totally agree.
    But sometimes you can just imagine the swearing
    and shouting that must be going at the other end of the line
    after you have pulled off a swindle.

    I can just imagine the mouse being slung through the screen.

    I've removed my opponents name, no need to make him suffer twice.

    After a very slack opening I had to give up my Queen to stay on
    the on board. It usually happens to me after a series of easy wins.
    I get lazy and so over confident.

    I wriggle a bit but White should just coast home

    Then he checkmated me....not.



    YOUR OPPONENT HAS DISCONNECTED
  9. 22 Aug '08 22:02
    Originally posted by eldragonfly
    blitz is way more fun when you can look the opponent in the eye.
    agreed, chess is way more fun in person. blitz is cool to play and watch with all the fast moving action.

    Online, I never understood why people even care about taunts, losing etc. Like you even know who the other person is.

    Just play my fellow chess players! It's all fun and games!
  10. Standard member ivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    22 Aug '08 22:17
    it is good to care online too. Otherwise you just play chess like a game of chance (at least me). I play 300 or more points better OTB, when it comes to 5 minutes games. I can play internet game good too, but just when I am in a good mood.