uchess is back up

uchess is back up

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS

Moves
19 Apr 06

and no one is there.

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
19 Apr 06

Originally posted by Darth Sponge
and no one is there.
I never liked it from the beginning... 🙁

e

Moves
19 Apr 06

I just signed up.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
19 Apr 06

Originally posted by arrakis
I never liked it from the beginning... 🙁
I never liked you from the beginning... 😠

L

Moves
20 Apr 06

uchess isn't that great, play at FICS or yahoo.

I prefer FICS over yahoo, but yahoo over uchess (although the graphics on yahoo isnt as good as uchess [flash vs. java])

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
20 Apr 06

I don't get why people play at Uchess after they know about other online chess sites like ICC, WCN, fics, playchess etc...

I know its free but you can play as a guest on ICC although you don't get a rating but who cares.

DS

Moves
20 Apr 06
1 edit

when I play at FICS, the board is grainy... and ICC you have to pay.

I'm not, like, trying to be all rah rah uchess, but really... what's so bad about it? it's just chess. you're there, and you play chess... it's simple, instant and free.

what's not to like?

(except having to wait for a game...)

edit: when you play on icc as a guest, isn't is just a trial membership that expires in a week or so?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
20 Apr 06

Originally posted by LanndonKane

I prefer FICS over yahoo, but yahoo over uchess (although the graphics on yahoo isnt as good as uchess [flash vs. java])
Haha Yahoo.

Chessaholics!!

Sunny California

Moves
20 Apr 06

Originally posted by LanndonKane

there is a bunch of cheaters in yahoo if not all!!!!

MS

Under Cover

Moves
20 Apr 06

nothing to do with anything, but can anyone tell me how to kibitz on uchess, or is that a subscriber only priveledge?

b

Hainesport, NJ, USA

Moves
20 Apr 06

Try downloading Babaschess as an interface, Darthsponge. It's free! It looks better than the one on ICC. Also, FICS has the toughest competition at club level than playchess.com or ICC. The only problem is it doesnt have the number of players those two mentioned have. And it's free! (have i said that?)

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
20 Apr 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Darth Sponge
when I play at FICS, the board is grainy... and ICC you have to pay.

I'm not, like, trying to be all rah rah uchess, but really... what's so bad about it? it's just chess. you're there, and you play chess... it's simple, instant and free.

what's not to like?

(except having to wait for a game...)

edit: when you play on icc as a guest, isn't is just a trial membership that expires in a week or so?
The first time you sign up, you get 2 weeks for free full access. So the best time is during Gm super tourneys because you can watch them live.

After that you can play as a guest for free anytime you want, but can't saving your rating, message etc...

Uchess - the wait, the quality of chess player, no lectures, other stuff. That's what not to like.