Usage chess engine

Usage chess engine

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g

Moves
09 Apr 07

Originally posted by venkatesh murali
Can anybody suggest me , how to find my opponent is using engine side by side, so as to move against me.Because we are playing 1 day time out,he is frequently (atleast 5 min once ) logging out & logging in.
Do not think that the player is cheating because he is taking time. I guess that my programs could beat you with a minute set for the game. Do not take a insult at that statement. I would lose to the programs as well.

vm

Moves
10 Apr 07

Dear gambit,
Taking time is not a problem, but frequently logging in & logging off triggers my doubt. donot you guess that it is ubnormal????

shall we play a game. after i complete my next game. ( not with program , but with human)

U

Moves
10 Apr 07

I don't think an engine user needs to log in and log out to check his moves on Fritz or whatever program. He can simply have the program running while his internet browser is open. Unless he owns one of the last computers ever made that can only have one program running at a time 😛

There must be another reason he's logging in and out frequently.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
10 Apr 07

Dear gambit,
Taking time is not a problem, but frequently logging in & logging off triggers my doubt. donot you guess that it is ubnormal????

shall we play a game. after i complete my next game. ( not with program , but with human)
Hey Venk,

I've just beaten you in a game and you seem to be throwing around contradictory statements in the forums, making immature challenges to highly rated players, posting badly thought out assumptions and seem to have an overly inflated opinion of your ability.

Here are some examples:

1. You claim:
Taking time is not a problem.
Yet in a previous thread this collection of words you posted seemed to indicate that you find people who take extra time over moves when they get into a losing position is a bad practice and needs to be corrected immediately.
QUOTE:
If we have fear of losing then we cannot do anything in official and personal work aswell. In present situation players, who are in losing position not at all playing , simply wasting the time & space for others.It is a bad practice & needs to be corrected immediately.
Altlast fear of losing is a bad disease for the game and personnel as well.
- Another contradiction to your statement above is that if you look at your public games you tend to use up more timebank than your opponents, so it appears to be you that can be accused of (simply wasting the time & space for others).

2. You claim
- One person has already pointed out to you that many people play at work as they may get caught playing chess when they should be working, so they frquenetly log in and out.
- Another example, I have a bad internet conection and for some reason when I use the internet for the first 1/2 or so I get disconnected at home quite frequently which is very annoying, so I have to log back on. After 1/2 hour the computer seems to "warm up" and the internet stops loggin me off.
- another person poented out to you that:
I don't think an engine user needs to log in and log out to check his moves on Fritz or whatever program. He can simply have the program running while his internet browser is open. Unless he owns one of the last computers ever made that can only have one program running at a time
- Here are 3 reasons why loging in and out is not "ubnormal" or a reason for using chess computers.
If you suspect someone of using an engine then inform the moderators detailing all of your reasons, using the forums only creates bad feeling, its as if people are saying you can't beat me, I'm 200 points better than you.

3. Someone offers you advice that you have made stupid moves in some of your games, you reply with:
-If the moves are stupid, can you suggest/guide me , where i went wrong or shall we play one game.
-Lolette offers you advice on why you may have have lost one of your games, Tip: dont move queen out too early, dont let your queen block your d pawn movement .
- You reply:
LOLLE - Please treat my case as exceptional & we will fix up a day and play full game online ( Pl'S Indicate your GMT).
- Your not listening to the advice and challenging highly rated players because you seem to want to demonstrate them your ability to beat them.

4. Taking our game as an example:
Game 3373487
I can see from my open games that I'm reaching my limit with the 1500ish players.
In our game, you had the upper hand positionally for the first 20 or so moves, then started making strange moves like 30w, 35w and 37b.
I think your going to find out quite soon that you are not quite at the IM level you think you are at yet.

Heres some advice:

- Stop complaining and subscribe to the site, you'll then be able to test your abilities in tournaments against someone who can really play the game and play more games.

- Don't jump to conclusions so quickly, maybe this advice would help you in your games also.

- Your profile says:
"I am a Mechanical engineer & quality Professional in Automotive sector.I am playing chess at the age of 10."
Maybe you left school too early (at the age of 10) to work in the Automotive sector, or maybe I'm jumping to conclusions from your profile statement.

- Hey Lolette, if you read this post please make me an exceptional case, I'm always available for a challenge!

L
5. f3

Moves
10 Apr 07

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
Hey Venk,

I've just beaten you in a game and you seem to be throwing around contradictory statements in the forums, making immature challenges to highly rated players, posting badly thought out assumptions and seem to have an overly inflated opinion of your ability.

Here are some examples:

1. You claim:
Taking time is not a problem.
Ye ...[text shortened]... s post please make me an exceptional case, I'm always available for a challenge!
Ofcourse rooney, please PM me with timeout/timebank you want. no 1 day timeout though and color you want and all.

Venkesh, this site is to play chess and move when you feel like during timeout/timebank so i can move when i feel like! if you want this fast chess or 1 hour game go to www.uchess.com.

-Lolle

g

Moves
10 Apr 07

Dear gambit,

I open and close Red Hot Pawn all the time. It may be normal for that player?

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
10 Apr 07

Originally posted by Lolette
Ofcourse rooney, please PM me with timeout/timebank you want. no 1 day timeout though and color you want and all.

Venkesh, this site is to play chess and move when you feel like during timeout/timebank so i can move when i feel like! if you want this fast chess or 1 hour game go to www.uchess.com.

-Lolle
Thanks for the opportunity, looking forward to the game.

vm

Moves
10 Apr 07

Dear rooney,
shall we start another game !!!!!!!

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
10 Apr 07

Dear rooney,
shall we start another game !!!!!!!
Dear Venkatesh,

I'll play a 2 game pair white/black against you.
Then once they are completed, I'll keep on playing you over and over again with 2 game pair matchups if you wish to do so.

First though you are going to have to subscribe to this site.

If you do subscribe to the site and want to play against me then please remember that its correspondance chess and respect the time settings for the game, people tend to play quickly when winning (or confident) and play slower when losing (or not confident).

I would also recommend that you change your profile Move Frequency from 'once a day' to 'multiple a day' as you have a history of pressuring people to play quick games which contradicts your profile settings.

Rooney.

vm

Moves
11 Apr 07

OK , I WILL CHANGE MY PROFILE, AND GIVE ME SOME TIME UNTIL I GET INTERNET CONNECTION IN MY HOME(MY HOME IS AWAY FROM CITY IN INDIA)UNTIL I GET CONNECTION AND SUBSCRIBTION, SHALL WE START ONE GAME ?

R
Different

Moves
11 Apr 07

Originally posted by Amaurote
The first question you have to ask yourself is this: is my opponent evil?

If the answer to this question is, "Yes, my opponent is evil" then he may very well be cheating.
Hey! Not all of us evil people cheat, give us some credit...!

Anyway, I am on my computer for most of the day, but I go to a lot of other sites besides RHP so I log in and out a lot too...but that doesn't mean I'm cheating.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
11 Apr 07

OK , I WILL CHANGE MY PROFILE, AND GIVE ME SOME TIME UNTIL I GET INTERNET CONNECTION IN MY HOME(MY HOME IS AWAY FROM CITY IN INDIA)UNTIL I GET CONNECTION AND SUBSCRIBTION, SHALL WE START ONE GAME ?
Sure, start a game against me when you are ready.

I prefare either 1/7, 1/14 or 3/7 games, you can choose one of the following time settings that best suits you.
You can play white or black, I have no preferance.

Whoever wins, I'll play you again if you wish to do so as long as the game doesn't turn into a "I told you so" type of game, all I have tried to do is point out that you have made posts that are innappropriate and offensive to people because you are making assumptions and posing them without knowing all the facts.

Also, you tend to try and prove your points by challenging anyone who questions you with an aggresive game offer.

Anyway, I look forward to the game.

Rooney.

vm

Moves
12 Apr 07

Dear rooney,
thanks for your offer, once i finish my game ( which is almost be finished today ) , we will start.