1. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    17 Jan '09 22:42
    is there an official correspondence chess federation? does this go off the US chess?

im wondering where a CCGM would come from, thanks
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    18 Jan '09 01:49
    Originally posted by irontigran
    is there an official correspondence chess federation? does this go off the US chess?

im wondering where a CCGM would come from, thanks
    The short answer is "no". The USCF is not an "offical" correspondence chess federation, although they are offically America's national chess organization. A more offical correspondence chess federation in my opinion in America would be ICCF-US. With the dawn of the internet age however, the term "offical organization" has become hazy. Sites like Red Hot Pawn with more active members than the USCF also have some "offical" claims as well. As far as CCGM is concerned, the correspondence Grand Master title is awarded by some organization(s) or other, but I can't tell you much about it, (since there is little chance of me becoming one! 😏
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    19 Jan '09 14:24
    I believe that ICCF awards the title

Look at http://www.iccf.com/content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=50
  4. Joined
    20 Apr '07
    Moves
    19 Jan '09 14:38
    Wulebgr is correct. All Correspondence titles are award by the ICCF. The Official US Correspondence org., is CCLA; Correspondence Chess League of America. If you aspire for any CC title ICCF is the place to get it. All other titles are awarded from FIDE.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree