1. In attack
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 13:292 edits
    To complete the trilogy of posts between myself and the Right Honourable Velvetears in 2011, here is the final installment, The Curse of the Black Queen!

I hope you have enjoyed these annotations, I have certainly enjoyed the games against VelvetEars, we're both similar in that we like to attack (often to the point of destroying our own defences in the process) and are about the same level, so it does make for interesting (though probably flawed somewhere) games.
    All the best for 2012 🙂
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 03:14
    Originally posted by morgski
    To complete the trilogy of posts between myself and the Right Honourable Velvetears in 2011, here is the final installment, The Curse of the Black Queen!

[pgn] {White Velvetears, Black Morgski} 1. e4 c5 {Sicilian} 2. Ng1f3 d6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nf3xd4 Ng8f6 5. Nb1c3 g6 {Mainline sicilian dragon up till here} 6. Nc3d5 {VE breaks from the book, I have not played ...[text shortened]... does make for interesting (though probably flawed somewhere) games.
    All the best for 2012 🙂
    when i reach 1800, i am coming for you Morgski 😛
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 12:45
    This game shows promise, but I play a lot of loose moves crippling my own attack. Basically this game shows how not to attack:

In the end this game was lost when I played a few weak moves allowing morgski counterplay and his queen ran riot.

Following on from move 6, a while back I read Thread 137920 and saw a opening trap suggested by Greenpawn:

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree