1. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    08 Sep '09 08:23
    take it easy there mister...

I must say I agree with tony, two openings are enough, but I'd add to the transposable 1.c4 1.d4 the Réti. Here you have three openings wich, apart from d4 don't requier much work for you to do, and are a good play. Now you have a suficient opening repertoire for all eternity.
  2. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    08 Sep '09 11:44
    well, yeap, I play f4 or c4, but they don't transpose normal, and what I love is halloween gambit and things like that.
  3. Joined
    29 Aug '09
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 02:45
    I dunno about correct play but normally or usually folks who play the sokolsky achieve either french like pawn structures but reversed or taimanov sicilianish pawn structures reversed.The sokolsky might be right up your ally if you like the french as black or sicilian.
  4. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 23:30
    Originally posted by National Master Dale
    I dunno about correct play but normally or usually folks who play the sokolsky achieve either french like pawn structures but reversed or taimanov sicilianish pawn structures reversed.The sokolsky might be right up your ally if you like the french as black or sicilian.
    Massive bollocks.......'Sicilianish/Taimanov reversed structured? Sokolsky/French....black or white... let it be said that if Masters play it, then it must have a basic soundness.....You might even be a little bit better off playing something offbeat than the 'Norm'.
  5. Joined
    29 Aug '09
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 10:24
    Todays opening of the day on chessgames.com is the santasierres folly
    an almost 1b4 opening.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree