Moves
    08 Aug '06 02:22
    I wonder who (s)he is.
    (S)he has +306 =36 -0
  2. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 09:17
    Presumably Ronald Weyerstrass, a 50 year old International Master from Blaricum, Netherlands.
  3. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 13:35
    He is an ICCF Correspondence Master. He's active at Gameknot as well as other sites.
  4. London
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 13:59
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Presumably Ronald Weyerstrass, a 50 year old International Master from Blaricum, Netherlands.
    Perhaps Tim Piceu, Jean Hebert and Seirwan were who they said they were.
  5. Under Cover
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 14:412 edits
    Here's an idea. Why don't we just arbitrarily pick a player from the top 20, make insinuations that they may be cheating (without having the b@llz to actually come out and say it), try to work the forums into a frenzy on the issue. Maybe we can eliminate them one at a time by either getting them booted, or just harrass them into leaving. If we keep it up, we can all eventually get our turn at the top spot! Great idea huh?!

You are all pathetic, and you owe Weyerstrauss an apology. I'm sure you'll make up some lame excuse to rationalize your unbased accusations, or even try to pretend that you didn't make an accusation though. 😛

EDIT- This message obviously does not apply to masscat or Fat Lady.
  6. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 15:14
    Originally posted by BLReid
    Here's an idea. Why don't we just arbitrarily pick a player from the top 20, make insinuations that they may be cheating (without having the b@llz to actually come out and say it), try to work the forums into a frenzy on the issue. Maybe we can eliminate them one at a time by wither getting them booted, or just harrass them into leaving. If we keep it up, we ...[text shortened]... ccusation though. 😛

Agreed. Completely unnecessary.
  7. London
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 15:46
    Originally posted by BLReid
    Here's an idea. Why don't we just arbitrarily pick a player from the top 20, make insinuations that they may be cheating (without having the b@llz to actually come out and say it), try to work the forums into a frenzy on the issue. Maybe we can eliminate them one at a time by either getting them booted, or just harrass them into leaving. If we keep it up, we ...[text shortened]... ccusation though. 😛

I didn't mean that to appear as an accusation of any sort, I was merely saying that it doesn't seem like a very rational idea to start assuming that people are exactly who they say they are, when you can pretend to be anyone over the internet. I mentioned those names because the three "famous faces" that we have had on this site have all turned out not to be who they said they were, so I'm not accusing Weyerstrass of anything, just suggesting that the assumption that he is who he seems to be shouldn't be made instictively, but that there should be some research or background check first.
  8. Standard memberEnigmaticCam
    Chess n00b
    Cali
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 18:00
    Weyerstrass' games are incredible. You should review them. They're so logical he actually makes chess look easy.
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 18:06
    Perhaps he's good because he joined the French Defence Lovers clan.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree