1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 22:02
    ...when you discover that your opponent isn't playing the same game as you

http://www.redhotpawn.com/gameanalysis/boardhistory.php?gameid=1559712

Hmm... Ok, in this case, it occurred to me that this was not a regular chess game, this was more pacman than chess and with every move he was getting closer to some kind of bizarre moral victory and had to be stopped.

So if one player has full use of pieces, the other can only use king and pawns. How many ranks can the latter (black or white) king move before being stopped?
  2. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 22:06
    Originally posted by hollow
    ...when you discover that your opponent isn't playing the same game as you

http://www.redhotpawn.com/gameanalysis/boardhistory.php?gameid=1559712

Hmm... Ok, in this case, it occurred to me that this was not a regular chess game, this was more pacman than chess and with every move he was getting closer to some kind of bizarre moral victory and had to be ...[text shortened]... e king and pawns. How many ranks can the latter (black or white) king move before being stopped?
    Game 1559712 there you go

That's very messed up. He might even think that he's won.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 22:10
    Nah, i've played slippytoad before and he knows when he's won... I suspect that this was more an experiment in chess aesthetics...
  4. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 22:15
    He obviously knows how the pieces moves. Look at his previous games. Get out your pieces and mate him already.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 22:201 edit
    Already done - bad practice to discuss a game in progress.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree