1. Joined
    02 Apr '04
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 21:371 edit
    I'm a 1200 player looking for a little analysis if anyone can spare the time. Having looked over the game, I realize I missed a mating opportunity after 31b where I could have sacraficed my queen and won with my rook. Anything else I missed?
    I am also open to constructive comments as to what I should be specifically studying to further improve my play (yes tactics but which ones demonstrated by this game am I weak in?).
    Thank you for your time,
    WayneCGame 1571366
  2. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 21:48
    Originally posted by WayneC
    I'm a 1200 player looking for a little analysis if anyone can spare the time. Having looked over the game, I realize I missed a mating opportunity after 31b where I could have sacraficed my queen and won with my rook. Anything else I missed?
    I am also open to constructive comments as to what I should be specifically studying to further improve my play (yes ...[text shortened]... demonstrated by this game am I weak in?).
    Thank you for your time,
    WayneCGame 1571366
    Well, you messed up during most of the game and should have lost. But so did your opponent, and on move 32, instead of playing Qc7+, you could have mated him in a few moves with 32.Bd5+.
  3. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 22:01
    Chess is played with the mind,not with the mouse.
  4. Joined
    08 Aug '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 23:26
    Originally posted by WayneC
    I am also open to constructive comments as to what I should be specifically studying to further improve my play (yes ...[text shortened]... demonstrated by this game am I weak in?).
    Thank you for your time,
    WayneCGame 1571366
    I think you might have missed an opportunity on move 3 ... instead of playing Qe2, play d4 straight away and the Black knight is struggling to find a safe square - it's a very dodgy Alekhine variation.
  5. Joined
    02 Apr '04
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 01:08
    Thanks for the tips

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree