05 Jan '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 15:19
  3. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 15:49
    Originally posted by BigMick
    'scuse my ignorance, but what's sandbagging?
    Sandbagging is when a player loses dozens of games on purpose to lower their rating by x hundred points, usually with the intention of entering lower rated tournaments to secure easy wins.
  4. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 16:03
    Originally posted by Pigface1
    Sandbagging is when a player loses dozens of games on purpose to lower their rating by x hundred points, usually with the intention of entering lower rated tournaments to secure easy wins.
    I once shot a sandbagger just for snoring.
  5. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 20:49
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    I once shot a sandbagger just for snoring.
    Thats quite understandable and acceptable, I expect the sandbagger you shot was snoring at a level far lower than his/her actual snoring skill.
  6. Joined
    27 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '08 09:47
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    User 153142 Should be worried if they are banning people for sandbagging.
    Well, looks like you've opened your big mouth agian without engaging brain first

As Pigface states

'Sandbagging is when a player loses dozens of games on purpose to lower their rating by x hundred points, usually with the intention of entering lower rated tournaments to secure easy wins'

If you'd checked first you would have easily noticed I haven't entered any banded tournaments outside my typical 2000ish rating, and haven't played any league games where I haven't been on the right board (usually 1 or 2), so irrespective of the reasons my rating has fluctuated, it hasn't got anything to do with looking for easy wins.

This is also a bit rich coming from you, especially when you have the following associations

You were caught red-handing last year offering advice to a fellow clan member in a game-in-progress (Tipped King I recall)

You have a record of winning grands and splits matched only by those well-known players erice1, clivestraddle and gauravV

you play for a clan that openly welcomes proven cheaters

I suggest next time you mouth-off you get your facts right

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree