1. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    16 May '12 14:47
    I have been watching the WC and all I see is draws, if I look at chess books I see incredible games from GM with incredible sacrifices, I dont see that now but...

Male championship is being player here and people I know are playing, they win or lose games, if the get to a draw at leas yo can say that it was an obligatory draw, these people are rated from 1500 to 2415, we have IM, FM, and the best is that I can play all these guys when I want.

Here is an example of a game I liked:

http://fdajedrez.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=176

So, is ches at the grandmaster level boring you too?

Or I am a player so bad that I cant understand that level of chess?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '12 15:07
    Originally posted by Superman
    I have been watching the WC and all I see is draws, if I look at chess books I see incredible games from GM with incredible sacrifices, I dont see that now but...

Male championship is being player here and people I know are playing, they win or lose games, if the get to a draw at leas yo can say that it was an obligatory draw, these people are rated from ...[text shortened]... ter level boring you too?

There are different levels of understanding, as in art, as in chess and what appeals to
    one person may not appeal to another depending upon their respective level of
    understanding. Do you like abstract expressionism, most people dont, why? because
    its conceptual and requires some understanding of why it appears the way it does, its
    the same with chess, the players are dealing with concepts and when one understands
    the why, it becomes rather interesting. The real teacher is able to unravel these levels
    and make it interesting, if you have not done so, follow the commentary of Jan
    Timman, it will increase your appreciation for what is transpiring on the board a
    thousandfold.
  3. Joined
    26 Jan '12
    Moves
    16 May '12 15:32

Male championship is being player here and people I know are playing, they win or lose games, if the get to a draw at leas yo can say that it was an obligatory draw, these people are rated from ...[text shortened]... ter level boring you too?

A few days ago one guy started to cry about "boring GM games" in chess.com forum. I had to reply with counter examples, demonstrating that there are exciting games also in top GM level. Two of them are posted in "WC championship predictions" thread (page 2). Here are some other games. I can post more of them if you want.

4. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    16 May '12 16:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    There are different levels of understanding, as in art, as in chess and what appeals to
    one person may not appeal to another depending upon their respective level of
    understanding. Do you like abstract expressionism, most people dont, why? because
    its conceptual and requires some understanding of why it appears the way it does, its
    the same ...[text shortened]... imman, it will increase your appreciation for what is transpiring on the board a
    thousandfold.
    That is my main theory, maybe I am no prepared to enjoy the GM level, but then as you grow reading of only the best memorable games with all those expectacular sacrifices and mates in 5 and 6 moves sacrificing the queen in the first move, you expect to see something at least similar in the games.

Thanks I will check Jan Timman for the next game.
  5. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    16 May '12 16:31
    Originally posted by Pacifique
    A few days ago one guy started to cry about "boring GM games" in chess.com forum. I had to reply with counter examples, demonstrating that there are exciting games also in top GM level. Two of them are posted in "WC championship predictions" thread (page 2). Here are some other games. I can post more of them if you want.

[pgn][Event "Tata Steel"] [Site ...[text shortened]... e8 37.Re1+ 1-0[/pgn]
    You are right, these games are a good show to watch, maybe we can see something like it in the next games.

As you can see here both players are risking a lot, that is the way to win a game out of the book, but that is not happening with Anand and Gefland, they have too much to loose if they do, so they prefer not to risk and agree to the first draw offer they get, its my opinion.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '12 16:39
    That is my main theory, maybe I am no prepared to enjoy the GM level, but then as you grow reading of only the best memorable games with all those expectacular sacrifices and mates in 5 and 6 moves sacrificing the queen in the first move, you expect to see something at least similar in the games.

Thanks I will check Jan Timman for the next game.
    you are most welcome, enjoy the match 🙂
  7. Joined
    26 Jan '12
    Moves
    16 May '12 16:471 edit
    You are right, these games are a good show to watch, maybe we can see something like it in the next games.

As you can see here both players are risking a lot, that is the way to win a game out of the book, but that is not happening with Anand and Gefland, they have too much to loose if they do, so they prefer not to risk and agree to the first draw offer they get, its my opinion.
    It`s normal to play more cautious in matches with such a high stake, but I don`t remember any WC match without at least a few exciting games. I don`t think this match would be exception.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree