1. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 10:42
    If I have all my games finished in a pgn what is the use of a chessbase light database of the games? Or what do people do with their finished games?
  2. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 11:22
    I use ChessBase (version 9) so I don't know how the functionality differs. I mainly use it for printing out games with diagrams at critical points to help me with my coaching. If I am just coaching one or two children I can also play through the games on the computer itself.
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 14:45
    Originally posted by Jie
    If I have all my games finished in a pgn what is the use of a chessbase light database of the games? Or what do people do with their finished games?
    Pgn is OK, but I still prefer paper scoresheets. They are faster and easier to access than starting up my computer.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 14:59
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    I use ChessBase (version 9) so I don't know how the functionality differs. I mainly use it for printing out games with diagrams at critical points to help me with my coaching. If I am just coaching one or two children I can also play through the games on the computer itself.
    ChessBase and Fritz cost big money, they release a new version almost yearly but is it worth the money? If you are coaching then the features might be worthwhile but I don't see a need in my case.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 15:04
    I save the PGN's in a Word document, together with diagrams and annotations, and a opening repertoir table, plus this and that. I save them 100 and 100, print it out, fold it into a booklet and put in my chesss library.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '08 08:47
    Do any of you use chess coaches? Do they look through your games or do you play the coach as he instructs you? I've been thinking of getting a coach as some coaches on ICC advertise. Is this worthwhile?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '08 11:42
    Has anyone used all three? What is the major difference?

- cblight
    - chessbase 9
    - chessbase 10
  8. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '08 12:371 edit
    Originally posted by Jie
    Do any of you use chess coaches? Do they look through your games or do you play the coach as he instructs you? I've been thinking of getting a coach as some coaches on ICC advertise. Is this worthwhile?
    I would also like to get some training but I prefer it in real life(even this is difficult to get where I am) because makes me to be more commited to the training if it is OTB...
  9. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '08 13:33
    Originally posted by Jie
    Has anyone used all three? What is the major difference?

- cblight
    - chessbase 9
    - chessbase 10
    Do you not know how to Google and do product research, or are you just lazy and hope that we'll spoon feed you? 😛

A helpful summary of Chessbase Light 2007 and its limitations:
    http://freechess.50webs.com/chessbaselight.html

Summary of Chessbase 10:
    http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=4757
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '08 14:29
    I was a bit lazy but its ChessBase's fault for not calling cblight something like ChessBase 9 light or something generic.
  11. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '08 14:45
    Originally posted by Jie
    I was a bit lazy but its ChessBase's fault for not calling cblight something like ChessBase 9 light or something generic.
    Well, Chessbase's marketing strategy is clearly to get you hooked on cblight and then get you to take the plunge into the full versions. Anyway, I hope the Zarkon Fischer link was helpful to you. (Instead of cblight, you might want to consider looking at the Zarkon Fischer info on SCID or CA Light.)
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '08 19:18
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    http://freechess.50webs.com/chessbaselight.html
    that site is excellent!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree