Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 09 Dec '12 14:13
    What do you play against 1... d5? What do you like about your favorite line?
  2. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    09 Dec '12 14:18
    Originally posted by chrspayn
    What do you play against 1... d5? What do you like about your favorite line?
    I always play 2.exd5 and my favorite line is the one that I win. 😏
  3. 09 Dec '12 15:59
    It's called The Centre Counter a Scandinavian is someone
    who comes from Scandovia.

    2.d4 and go for a Blackmar Gambit.

    2.a3 and go the Englund Trap in reverse.
    It's what RHP hacker and hero Dicey Relly does.
    Game 8011016 is Dicey spinging it as Black.

    If you are have 0 from 4 in weekend tournament and just want to
    go home and burn all your chess books then....

  4. Standard member atticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    10 Dec '12 10:41
    BDG. Way to go! 😛
  5. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    10 Dec '12 15:34
    Originally posted by chrspayn
    What do you play against 1... d5? What do you like about your favorite line?
    2.ed and decline all their gambits with 3.d4. Or 2...Qx 3.Nf3.
  6. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    10 Dec '12 15:54 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    It's called [b]The Centre Counter a Scandinavian is someone
    who comes from Scandovia.

    2.d4 and go for a Blackmar Gambit.

    2.a3 and go the Englund Trap in reverse.
    It's what RHP hacker and hero Dicey Relly does.
    Game 8011016 is Dicey spinging it as Black.

    If you are have 0 from 4 in weekend tournament and just want to
    go home and burn all your chess books then....

    [pgn]
    1. e4 d5 2. exd5 Qxd5 3. Ke2 Qe4[/pgn][/b]
    The Centre Counter (or Center Counter) is also called the Scandinavian Defense (or Scandinavian Defence).

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_Defense

    The Englund Gambit played by Dicey Relly is a different opening from the Queen Pawn's group of openings.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Englund_Gambit

    YouTube

    YouTube
  7. 10 Dec '12 22:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Centre Counter (or Center Counter) is also called the Scandinavian Defense (or Scandinavian Defence).

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_Defense

    The Englund Gambit played by Dicey Relly is a different opening from the Queen Pawn's group of openings.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Englund_Gambit

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FO2cIlD9Rs

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buSBC9wfIas
    You are an idiot. Get back in your hole before I alert the sun that you are outside.
  8. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    11 Dec '12 02:20
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    You are an idiot. Get back in your hole before I alert the sun that you are outside.
    Don't forget that this idiot has won $4500 playing chess.
  9. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    11 Dec '12 15:41 / 1 edit
    New idea for Black in the Scandinavian Defense (or Center Counter)

    Alexander Rinberg - David Kudishevich

    Israeli Championship Nov. 2010

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=SFEwUK7lZ7U
  10. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    11 Dec '12 17:00 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    New idea for Black in the Scandinavian Defense (or Center Counter)

    Alexander Rinberg - David Kudishevich

    Israeli Championship Nov. 2010

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=SFEwUK7lZ7U
    The commentator on the video was concerned about white's bishop and queen being reversed, but this can be corrected as shown below:



    or

  11. 11 Dec '12 20:46
    Hi RJ.

    You should have said it was an Andrew Martin vid. These things are always good.

    I have the book on this opening by Andrew MArtin he calls the book.
    The Centre Counter

    If these Scandinavian Scandinavians want an opening named after themselves
    they will have to look elsewhere on the Chessboard. 1.e4 d5 has been taken.

    And whose is claiming this opening for the Scandinavians?
    It was played 100 of years before Scandinavia became Scandinavia.
    It's some publishing trick to con money out the poor Scandinavians.

    If this lot want an opening named after their country, place, island or whatever
    Scandinavia is (where is Scandinavia?) then they will have to rename the place
    Centre Counter Land.

    Martin is looking at Black playing 5..Bf5 before...e6.



    Frank Madsen -yelob RHP 2010



    yosiman - Fat Lady RHP 2009