Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 09 Apr '10 07:04
    on Vassily Ivanchuks left cheek? Its bothering me not knowing...it wasnt there before but now recently there is something there...what is it!!!!! ahh.. o boy its late...
  2. Standard member peacedog
    Highlander
    09 Apr '10 09:13
    What is up with Tal's right hand?

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c0/TalVisitByFischer.jpg
  3. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Gonzalo de Córdoba
    09 Apr '10 19:54
    Originally posted by peacedog
    What is up with Tal's right hand?

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c0/TalVisitByFischer.jpg
    Creepy image!

    I think he's palm up. You can see the curved middle finger on the bottom. Behind it are the ring and pinky, not visible. These curved fingers are snagged on the bedsheet. The thumb and forefinger are in a horizontal pincer arrangement.

    That's my best guess.
  4. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Gonzalo de Córdoba
    09 Apr '10 19:56
    Originally posted by Blitz00
    on Vassily Ivanchuks left cheek? Its bothering me not knowing...it wasnt there before but now recently there is something there...what is it!!!!! ahh.. o boy its late...
    Looks like a couple zits and a peeling sunburn.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/chuchogm/112422031/
  5. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    09 Apr '10 20:13
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Creepy image!

    I think he's palm up. You can see the curved middle finger on the bottom. Behind it are the ring and pinky, not visible. These curved fingers are snagged on the bedsheet. The thumb and forefinger are in a horizontal pincer arrangement.

    That's my best guess.
    Tal only had three fingers on his right hand.
  6. Standard member peacedog
    Highlander
    10 Apr '10 00:46 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Tal only had three fingers on his right hand.
    I think it is quite a common deform as I've met a few people with it. It's hard to spot as the person is often carefull to hide it. A skill learned in childhood I guess to avoid ridicule.

    Anyway, I'm of to play in a rapid tourn OTB now. Last 2 times I entered this tourn I only got 2.5/7 so I'm hoping for a better result this time. Not for me, but for the honour of RHP:-) Result and games to follow, if I can remember them. The games not the score, I'm sure I'll remember my score.
  7. 10 Apr '10 15:49
    No..I mean is his recent interview on chessbase.com....I guess it could be a large amount of sunburn..and poor tal..but I guess that would make his hand lighter if he only had three fingers. He would be a beast at blitz.