1. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 13:53
    Just accepted a game from Open Invites. When I go to move in that game, the starting "position" is already about 35 moves in, and I'm down an exchange and 2 pawns! I deleted the game, contacted my "opponent", told him what I thought of his little trick, and that I was reporting him to Russ, whom I hope will kick this joker off the site.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 14:161 edit
    Originally posted by @sundown316
    Just accepted a game from Open Invites. When I go to move in that game, the starting "position" is already about 35 moves in, and I'm down an exchange and 2 pawns! I deleted the game, contacted my "opponent", told him what I thought of his little trick, and that I was reporting him to Russ, whom I hope will kick this joker off the site.
    set games are unrated...so no damage would have been done to your Rating.

You can see that there is a set game by the message at the offer. when you click the accept ๐Ÿ˜‰

Set games can be a good way to study a specific ituation or to redo a game after timeout, just to see who wins.
  3. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 14:49
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    set games are unrated...so no damage would have been done to your Rating.

You can see that there is a set game by the message at the offer. when you click the accept ๐Ÿ˜‰

Set games can be a good way to study a specific ituation or to redo a game after timeout, just to see who wins.
    If he needs help winning a position where he is up the equivalent of 4 pawns up, then he does need help with his game!
  4. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 15:22
    When I go to move in that game, the starting "position" is already about 35 moves in, and I'm down an exchange and 2 pawns!

How is this possible? I thought your opponent couldn't move until you do. There must be a software fix for this kind of cheating.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 17:26
    Originally posted by @mchill
    When I go to move in that game, the starting "position" is already about 35 moves in, and I'm down an exchange and 2 pawns!

How is this possible? I thought your opponent couldn't move until you do. There must be a software fix for this kind of cheating.
    This isn't cheating. A set position is for studying a certain kind of situation.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 17:59
    I'm wondering why both players did not know the situation.
  7. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 18:50
    Russian collusion obviously
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 18:57
    Originally posted by @apathist
    I'm wondering why both players did not know the situation.
    Apparently only one of them did not know what he was signing up for.
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 21:511 edit
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Apparently only one of them did not know what he was signing up for.
    Why is that, how do we keep it from happening too much. We are talking about chess at work or red hot pawn, a place that doesn't even even know it's own name.
  10. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 14:59
    Is there any way you can show the position? All we know about it is the material discrepancy, which may or may not have anything to do with the evaluation of the position at that point in time.
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 18:04
    You don't check the details of the games you accept? Whose fault is that? ๐Ÿ˜›

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree