Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    01 Aug '12 13:30 / 3 edits
    game id 9419407. Not sure how to post the pgn of a game in archive.
    Ah, found it.

    Game 9419407
  2. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    01 Aug '12 13:38 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    game id 9419407. Not sure how to post the pgn of a game in archive.
    Ah, found it.

    Game 9419407
    I think things started to go wrong when you retreated your Q instead of trading. Your Q wasn't really doing anything on h4 anyway.
  3. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    01 Aug '12 16:03
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I think things started to go wrong when you retreated your Q instead of trading. Your Q wasn't really doing anything on h4 anyway.
    On move 18, sure would have nipped the coming attack in the bud. Dang.
  4. 01 Aug '12 17:21
  5. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    01 Aug '12 17:44
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    [pgn]
    [Event "Challenge"]
    [Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2012.07.20"]
    [EndDate "2012.07.31"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "tmadsen1235"]
    [Black "sonhouse"]
    [WhiteRating "1732"]
    [BlackRating "1691"]
    [WhiteElo "1732"]
    [BlackElo "1691"]
    [Result "1-0"]
    [GameId "9419407"]

    1. d4 e5 2. c4 e4 3. a3 f5 4. Bc1f4 d6 5. Nb1c3 Ng8f6 6. e3 Nb8c6 7. Bf ...[text shortened]... 7e7 40. Bf5e6 Kg8g7 41. Rf2f6 Kg7g8 42. Rf6xh6 Re7xe6 43. Rh6xe6[/pgn]
    Thanks for the post. Any comments? I see where I could have done better now, not losing the pawn, trading queen instead of moving back with it. Anything else?
  6. 01 Aug '12 17:57
    Just posted the game, I never reallly looked at it.
    I saw the Englund traps did not work, then you never played 2...Nf6 (the Budapest Gambit!).
    Stopped looking.

    Eating tea,shaving and posting at the same time, going out in a few minutes.
  7. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    01 Aug '12 19:31
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Just posted the game, I never reallly looked at it.
    I saw the Englund traps did not work, then you never played 2...Nf6 (the Budapest Gambit!).
    Stopped looking.

    Eating tea,shaving and posting at the same time, going out in a few minutes.
    NOW you tell me🙂 I never heard of that gambit, just wiki'd it and see it now. Oh well, maybe next time. Can you look at this game as it's played? I see I probably should have taken queen on move 18 and should not have allowed the free pawn. Anything else that stunk?