1. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 22:43
    Last round and I’m about 20 moves into the game. The TD comes over to my opponent & tells him somebody called and said they were taking his wife to the hospital to have her baby. I’m thinking about offering him a draw but he’s staring at the position and after a few minutes makes his move. A few minutes later the TD comes back…they called again. Same response. We keep playing. Finally the TD comes over a 3rd time. They called back and said he needed to get to the hospital right away. Now the guy offers me a draw. It’s a pretty equal position and we’re about the same rating so that would be a fair result but I refused and he resigned. No prize money was at stake. Was I being a snot?
  2. The sky
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 22:48
    Originally posted by masscat
    Last round and I’m about 20 moves into the game. The TD comes over to my opponent & tells him somebody called and said they were taking his wife to the hospital to have her baby. I’m thinking about offering him a draw but he’s staring at the position and after a few minutes makes his move. A few minutes later the TD comes back…they called again. Same respons ...[text shortened]... be a fair result but I refused and he resigned. No prize money was at stake. Was I being a snot?
    Yes. But he was being a far worse snot for not finishing the game right away.
  3. Joined
    01 Aug '07
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 22:52
    The guy deserves it for not leaving after the first call.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 23:08
    Originally posted by laferri2
    The guy deserves it for not leaving after the first call.
    yes, he was being a douche. His wife will probably divorce him when she finds out.
  5. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 23:12
    The post that was quoted here has been removed because anything Dutch Defense says is considered abussive by all others

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree