1. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 18:28
    Originally posted by exigentsky
    I just tried Instant Chess, I'm really impressed. This may just become my #1 choice for online chess. After exploring its features for another 30 min, I think I'm sold. I'll probably buy a subscription after my 25 free games expire.
    You're kidding right? You can't even select your opponent.
  2. Forgotten
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 19:25
    Originally posted by CrazyLilTing
    my apologies, Xanthos, I was been rude wihtout reason 🙁

pls don't hate me.

-J

Edits: spelling
    Don't worry about him Julia.
    He hates all of us. 😉
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 19:53
    Originally posted by Darth Sponge
    right. I actually didn't realize that rhp and uchess were so intimately linked. it would be cool if it were more integrated into the site.
    Thread 39005
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 20:11
    LOL, now chesswizardry from uchess has no reason to live with uchess.com not running. The basket lives indeed.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 21:48
    Originally posted by CrazyLilTing
    may be you are right (sure!)
    But I would like to see a little more effort from Russ put on uchess.
    I think he (Russ) can make from this a really great site.
    But I know that he doesn't want to invest in the effort if he does not receive the proper refund for it.
    You and me have sought how nice is RHP now. How it grow continuosly.
    I hope to see uches ...[text shortened]... , it has the potential. But I think that we MUST to pay Russ for that effort.

Cheers.

- J
    Effort from Russ at Uchess? I don't even want him cooking dinner with everything that needs to be done for this site.

Uchess StInKs. Die Uchess... die!

P-
  6. Buenos Aires
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 22:28
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Effort from Russ at Uchess? I don't even want him cooking dinner with everything that needs to be done for this site.

Uchess StInKs. Die Uchess... die!

P-
    That is your personal opinion, and as such I respect it.
    But as we say in castillan, you are "meando fuera del tarro"

Sorry if I can't put that in english. It is a very argentine idiom.

Cheers

Michael
  7. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 00:281 edit
    Originally posted by LittleBear
    That is your personal opinion, and as such I respect it.
    But as we say in castillan, you are "meando fuera del tarro"

Sorry if I can't put that in english. It is a very argentine idiom.

Cheers

Michael
    I've heard this before.
    I think it means that you are not peeing in the bowl.?

skeeter
  8. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 02:35
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    You're kidding right? You can't even select your opponent.
    What are you talking about? You can limit your opponents to certain time and rating specifications. Furthermore, if they are on your friends list, you can always start a game. You'll even be informed if they are on or someone else you played before is on. You can also issue challeneges to specific people. I think it's very good.
  9. Joined
    12 Feb '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 10:02
    I have to agree with you on instantchess.com - quality site. And yes you can set criteria for your choice of opponent. RHP is great, so is chessworld.net, but instantchess.com is fantastic for real-time games. They even gave me 50 free games on my birthday (and I wasn't even a subscriber!). RHP is the best site for e-mail based chess on the web, there's no doubt about that, but instantchess.com is the place for quick online play.
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 10:25
    Originally posted by Ledge
    I have to agree with you on instantchess.com - quality site. And yes you can set criteria for your choice of opponent. RHP is great, so is chessworld.net, but instantchess.com is fantastic for real-time games. They even gave me 50 free games on my birthday (and I wasn't even a subscriber!). RHP is the best site for e-mail based chess on the web, there's no doubt about that, but instantchess.com is the place for quick online play.
    You clearly haven't tried playchess.com
  11. Joined
    12 Feb '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 11:05
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    You clearly haven't tried playchess.com
    No, hadn't even heard of it till now. About to check it out, thanks for the tip 🙂
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 14:35
    Originally posted by skeeter
    I've heard this before.
    I think it means that you are not peeing in the bowl.?

skeeter
    'Peeing in bowl' is 'Whistling Dixie'?

P-
  13. Standard memberYuga
    Renaissance
    OnceInALifetime
    Moves
    16 Mar '06 01:07
    Shockwave: One of the first sites I ever played chess on. Horrible with a few interesting exceptions; a few quite decent players did play there once in a blue moon.

I also cannot stand yahoo. Not only because of the abuse, which I didn't care to put up with, but also the board layout (an ugly yellow and green). Just not a good site.

FICS is great because its free, and it is easy to find good matches. Very easy, convenient to use.

How does playchess.com match up with FICS? I have never played there before, but it sounds good.

Of course, this site rocks for correspondence; the only site I've subscribed to. 🙂
  14. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '06 04:02
    Instant chess looks pretty good, escept i think the board too small. It costs 27 bucks to be a full member. FICS is excellent. I use a Babbas interface. It's free. Icc is good and fast at finding opponents but it costs, like instntchess. Playchess.com is an affiliate of Chessbase. It's a great site too. I got Fritz so it's free. Playchess had the least "morons" on line. Icc had some players who liked to talk garbage as they played, so i had to turn them off (no chat). ICC and FICS had the strongest opponents in my opinion. Hope this helps.
  15. Joined
    12 Feb '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '06 08:06
    Just got into playchess.com, you get 30 days free use of an account, but you can also play for free as a guest, just download the graphical interface for the server. I have to say the opponents are very challenging and there seem to be loads of features to get your teeth into. All in all, it does seem a very challenging and engrossing chess experience, but probably not for novices or the faint-hearted 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree