1. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 20:36
    Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
    Kings indian isnt even d3

most Grand Masters, answer it with the Yugoslav attack
    The Yugoslav attack is a line against the Dragon, and has nothing to do with any line against 2..e6. And yes, 3. d3 can lead to a KIA after g3 and Bg2.
  2. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 22:48
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    The Yugoslav attack is a line against the Dragon, and has nothing to do with any line against 2..e6. And yes, 3. d3 can lead to a KIA after g3 and Bg2.
    YOU FORGOT Nbd2

thx for helping clear that up
  3. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 22:58
    I didn't forget anything. White can play those moves in any kind of move order, and isn't committed to Nbd2 in order to play the KIA. White plays this move in the French move order very early so that black can't exchange queens after dxe4. The KIA is characterized by Nf3, g3, Bg2, 0-0, d3, and e4. Nbd2 is very common, but not necessarily necessary. You're welcome, glad to clear things up.
  4. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 22:59
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    I didn't forget anything. White can play those moves in any kind of move order, and isn't committed to Nbd2 in order to play the KIA. White plays this move in the French move order very early so that black can't exchange queens after dxe4. The KIA is characterized by Nf3, g3, Bg2, 0-0, d3, and e4. Nbd2 is very common, but not necessarily necessary. You're welcome, glad to clear things up.
    well, I usually do play Nbd2 in the Sicilian move order too as I often find myself playing c3
  5. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 22:03
    Originally posted by yelob
    its used to avoid the Maroczy bind as a bonus
    not unless white decides to get the bind going asap... 1.e4 c5 2.c4
  6. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    07 Nov '06 00:14
    I almost always play e6 in the Sicillian. The Taimanov Variation is like an old friend. But to be honest, I might have to turf it out soon, and find something younger and more exciting.
  7. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '06 04:46
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    I almost always play e6 in the Sicillian. The Taimanov Variation is like an old friend. But to be honest, I might have to turf it out soon, and find something younger and more exciting.
    Nothing in the Sicilian is young - in fact the Taimanov is about as young as they come. (Ok fine, there's the Sveshnikov.)

I wish GM's would start mixing things up though, more Dragons, or play a non-Sicilian more oftern.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree