1. Joined
    01 Apr '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 07:42
    Will there ever be a human who will never lose even one game of chess? Will there ever be a computer engine that will never lose a chess game to another human or another engine?
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 07:54
    Originally posted by oleglelchuk
    Will there ever be a human who will never lose even one game of chess? Will there ever be a computer engine that will never lose a chess game to another human or another engine?
    Will there ever be a human who will never lose even one game of chess?

Yes, of course. For instance, all those humans who will never play even one game of chess.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 09:42
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    [b]Will there ever be a human who will never lose even one game of chess?

Yes, of course. For instance, all those humans who will never play even one game of chess.[/b]
    I haven't won even one game of chess against my girlfriend. Not even one! She says that I will never win any game in the future either. Isn't she great in chess?
  4. Joined
    18 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 10:19
    Any statement about the members of the empty set is true.

Kasparov lost every game I played against him.
  5. Joined
    06 May '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 10:21
    Originally posted by ResigningSoon
    Any statement about the members of the empty set is true.

Kasparov lost every game I played against him.
    And you lost every game you played against me. Therefore I am irrefutably better than Kasparov!

🙂
  6. washington
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 14:07
    Grandmasters don't get where they are at without serious losses. Its how you learn the game. People dont come up with crazy sacrafices on their own, many of them have had that same tactic used on themselves!! Also at the highest levels they have to take risks to win or else it will be a draw always. Taking risks may reside in a loss, but the best of the best can get away with those risks and kasparov was one of the best.
  7. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 14:341 edit
    "to become good you need to lose 10000 games first"

I think that's paraphrased from sun tzu's art of war? or maybe not. but someone said it anyway, and was right. 🙂
  8. Planet Earth , Mwy
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 14:43
    All really good chess players are at the end of the day willing to take risks in order to win,the laws of probability therefore ensure that some lost games are one result,however it is not losing that actually matters at high and highest levels of play but knowing why the loss occured in the first place. Hardly would a game of chess by worth playing if you knew in advance that you could not possibly lose!😛
  9. London
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 16:531 edit
    Originally posted by wormwood

I think that's paraphrased from sun tzu's art of war? or maybe not. but someone said it anyway, and was right. 🙂

So how do you ever get good at fighting to death?
  10. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 20:03
    I imagine at some point in the future, chess engines will be so good that no human will be able to beat them even once. But I don't think it matters much - At least in my mind, the real battles will always be human vs. human.
  11. Joined
    05 Oct '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '09 19:22
    Actually I was thinking, will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Mar '09 19:53
    Originally posted by wormwood

I think Karpov said that...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree