1. Georgia, USA
    Moves
    16 Nov '08 00:22
    I know that the Anand defeated Kramnik in Germany recently to retain the World Championship. When will the title be defended again? (Is there an easily remembered rule of thumb, i.e. once every 2 years or is it more complicated than that)

If you can explain the process, go for it.

If you just want to point me to a website that explains it, that will work as well.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '08 00:37
    Originally posted by CamelClutch
    I know that the Anand defeated Kramnik in Germany recently to retain the World Championship. When will the title be defended again? (Is there an easily remembered rule of thumb, i.e. once every 2 years or is it more complicated than that)

If you just want to point me to a website that explains it, that will work as well.
    I wonder that too. I know that if the match takes place, the winner of the Kamsky-Topalov match will be the new challenger.

However, what is Kramnik's situation right now in the cycle? what does he need to do to be able to challenge the title again, what is his position?
  3. 1. e4!!
    Moves
    16 Nov '08 00:45
    It's going to be a real slobber knocker!
  4. Hollow earth
    Moves
    16 Nov '08 01:16
    Originally posted by CamelClutch

It's easy and complicated at the same time.I believe it's currently a 2 year cycle but with Kirsan and FIDE you never know,it can change overnight.
    Maybe this can answer your questions:

http://www.fide.com/component/handbook/?id=22&view=category
  5. Georgia, USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 01:47
  6. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 01:54
    Originally posted by diskamyl
    I wonder that too. I know that if the match takes place, the winner of the Kamsky-Topalov match will be the new challenger.

However, what is Kramnik's situation right now in the cycle? what does he need to do to be able to challenge the title again, what is his position?
    my opinion is- anand whooped kramnik fair and square. even if you dont like a tournament to decide things (i dont either) anands won 2 in a row and were ready for something fresh. i hope we get to see anand-kamsky but time will tell

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree