1. Joined
    26 Oct '09
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 08:291 edit
    Hello all!

If interested in viewing a game analysis by the World's Youngest Chess Grandmaster, feel free to view the following link.

YouTube

I hope you can benefit from the video. =)
  2. Joined
    06 May '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 09:43
    Is that really game analysis done by a GM?
  3. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 12:222 edits
    1 - it is not analysis BY Ray Robson?
    2 - Jorge Cori from Peru is the youngest GM 😛
  4. Joined
    06 May '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 16:07
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    1 - it is not analysis BY Ray Robson?
    Not only is it not by Ray Robson, it sounds like it's done by someone with a rudimentry understanding of chess.
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 20:18
    The narrator in the video introduces himself as Jerry. He states a few minor fact errors (Robson is neither the youngest GM in the world nor is he the youngest ever GM from the U.S.; it is true that he is the youngest GM at present from the U.S.). I think it is a bit harsh to criticize the narrator's knowledge of chess as "rudimentary", though I will certainly grant that he does not impress as a player of Master strength or above. Overall, I got the feeling that his analysis was kept simple because he believes his audience consists primarily of novices.
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    27 Oct '09 15:16
    Originally posted by AlboMalapropFoozer
    The narrator in the video introduces himself as Jerry. He states a few minor fact errors (Robson is neither the youngest GM in the world nor is he the youngest ever GM from the U.S.; it is true that he is the youngest GM at present from the U.S.). I think it is a bit harsh to criticize the narrator's knowledge of chess as "rudimentary", though I ...[text shortened]... his analysis was kept simple because he believes his audience consists primarily of novices.
    I was struck by the superficiality of the analysis. Interestingly, the host's MySpace page offers no evidence that the analyst has ever played in a tournament or has any other reason to be considered credible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree