1. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 07:146 edits
    here i played player rated 1900+ and got into, what in my opinion was an excellent
    position, three pawns for a piece and heading for an advantageous endgame, only to throw it away on a stupid move.
    i cannot seem to play correspondence chess without playing it in an over the board style, i move too fast, way too fast
    and suffer as a result. opinions please. i am black

30...e4 is a horrendous move, truly shocking!
  2. Standard memberMariska Angela
    Nyuszi, golyรณ!
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 08:08
    You had your opponent right there, and 30. e4 is just ๐Ÿ˜•
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 08:131 edit
    Originally posted by Mariska Angela
    You had your opponent right there, and 30. e4 is just ๐Ÿ˜•
    i know Mariska, what can i say, i blitz the moves and then really regret it! my pc monitor has several lacerations resembling bite marks!
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '08
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 14:07
    What about 26. ... Rf2 ?

it seems that you can get one pawn out of it... (though given that your opponent simplified, which to me looks strange, Rd4 is not that bad)

Nice game, by the way, except this terrible blunder... But the most important is that you could have won ๐Ÿ™‚
  5. Standard memberBorgov
    King-Flicker
    Leeds, UK.
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 16:311 edit
    Bad luck Robbie

I do the same thing in CC - move as though I’m playing a bullet game when there’s a 7 day time limit, it’s ridiculous, sheer impatience. But I’m planning on subscribing to RHP (just waiting for funds to go into my pay pal account) and not to do that this time - also I’m not going to make the mistake of starting an insane amount of games.

As you say 30...e4 was the blunder - better was 30...d5 restricting the White Knight and preparing e4 - after which White is going to have a hard time stopping those pawns rolling down.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 17:00
    Originally posted by Borgov
    Bad luck Robbie

I do the game thing in CC - move as though I’m playing a bullet game when there’s a 7 day time limit, it’s ridiculous, sheer impatience. But I’m planning on subscribing to RHP (just waiting for funds to go into my pay pal account) and not to do that this time - also I’m not going to make the mistake of starting an insane amount of games.
    ...[text shortened]... preparing e4 - after which White is going to have a hard time stopping those pawns rolling down.
    what was your name the last time?
  7. Standard memberBorgov
    King-Flicker
    Leeds, UK.
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 17:111 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    what was your name the last time?
    This is my first time on RHP ๐Ÿ™‚ I've done that kind of thing on Chessworld and Gameknot though - usually lost a few games on time-out because I couldn't keep up with them all and then just leaving the site completely.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 18:13
    Originally posted by Borgov
    This is my first time on RHP ๐Ÿ™‚ I've done that kind of thing on Chessworld and Gameknot though - usually lost a few games on time-out because I couldn't keep up with them all and then just leaving the site completely.
    what do you think of rhp so far compared to the others?
  9. Standard memberBorgov
    King-Flicker
    Leeds, UK.
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 19:26
    Originally posted by trev33
    what do you think of rhp so far compared to the others?
    Yeah it's a really well laid out site, certainly right up there with Chess world - obviously I'll know more when I've subscribed and unlocked all the features ๐Ÿ˜€
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '08
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 20:18
    Robbie

I guess I would ask that when you played 19... Qxd5, had you worked out that it was 3 pawns for a piece and that you thought the ensuing position was better for you.

The blunder is just that, a blunder, we all do them !

John
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 20:332 edits
    Originally posted by st40
    Robbie

I guess I would ask that when you played 19... Qxd5, had you worked out that it was 3 pawns for a piece and that you thought the ensuing position was better for you.

The blunder is just that, a blunder, we all do them !

John
    Actually guys and girl i really really thank you for taking the time, your words are very encouraging to me. yes i had worked out that i may get three pawns for the piece, and it felt really strange to be trading down, for when we are down materially we are told to try to keep our pieces on the board, but when i played Bd4+, i knew there was no return. also what do you think of the decision to trade what seemed a fairly passive white squared bishop for a knight, for this was i felt quite counter intuitive, but i had planned to play for f5 and the bishop had to go.?
  12. Standard memberMariska Angela
    Nyuszi, golyรณ!
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 20:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Actually guys and girl i really really thank you for taking the time, your words are very encouraging to me. yes i had worked out that i may get three pawns for the piece, and it felt really strange to be trading down, for when we are down materially we are told to try to keep our pieces on the board, but when i played Bd4+, i knew there was no retu ...[text shortened]... was i felt quite counter intuitive, but i had planned to play for f5 and the bishop had to go.?
    You made a very good sacrifice. Because it gives such a strong pawn center, and its great you thought of it like that. Don't get scared to sacrifice, have more guts, if you think the sacrifice is okay go for it, even if you miscalculated a little. I love sacrifices and sacs, even if there is better play, I like to have some entertainment in my games, rather than just a normal game, and I would go for a sacrifice or sac, and I've lost some games because of it, but its fine. You would have a better feeling towards it with time, and get better at it ๐Ÿ™‚
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 01:07
    Originally posted by Mariska Angela
    You made a very good sacrifice. Because it gives such a strong pawn center, and its great you thought of it like that. Don't get scared to sacrifice, have more guts, if you think the sacrifice is okay go for it, even if you miscalculated a little. I love sacrifices and sacs, even if there is better play, I like to have some entertainment in my games, ...[text shortened]... t, but its fine. You would have a better feeling towards it with time, and get better at it ๐Ÿ™‚
    thanks Mariska, ๐Ÿ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree