1. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    15 Jan '06 17:04
    Commentary and Analysis/Interviews at the Corus Tournament ( http://www.coruschess.com/ ) by Yasser Seirawan at Playchess.

PM Naughty Naughty Noodles (Nordlys) if you need more details 🙂
  2. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Moves
    15 Jan '06 17:35
    cheers. i didnt know this site existed.
  3. Canberra, Australia
    Moves
    15 Jan '06 17:40
    I love it when a big tournament is on the go.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    15 Jan '06 17:57
    Yasser does excellent work, but they still have bugs in the delivery of the audio and video.

Great reason to buy Fritz and kin.
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    15 Jan '06 19:26
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Yasser does excellent work, but they still have bugs in the delivery of the audio and video.

Great reason to buy Fritz and kin.
    Of course, you can download the playchess software for free and try it for one month.

The least expensive way to get a full membership is to buy an older version of Fritz and Co. For example, I bought Fritz 7 for $10 a little more than a year ago.

After the technical problems, ChessBase saved Yasser Seiriwan's interview with Adams to their Radio Chess Base file. It costs 2 ducats to view (~ 22 cents).
  6. Wales
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 10:082 edits
    Of course, you can download the playchess software for free and try it for one month.

The least expensive way to get a full membership is to buy an older version of Fritz and Co. For example, I bought Fritz 7 for $10 a little more than a year ago.

After the technical problems, ChessBase saved Yasser Seiriwan's interview with Adams to their Radio Chess Base file. It costs 2 ducats to view (~ 22 cents).
    You can watch the commentary and play (unrated) for an unlimited amount of time for free, by downloading the client software

www.playchess.com

then signing in as a guest. The Wijk ann Zee games start 12:30 GMT and Yassers audio and video commentary normally starts around 1:30 GMT. You also get people like Kasparov and Nakamura giving comments on the games as they happen.

Yasser normally interviews some of the players alongside the game analysis, watching him offer Calsen a box of chocolates was rather cute and amusing. A really great place to play chess if you want real time games.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 12:22
    Originally posted by whitedeerwithnohorns
    You can watch the commentary and play (unrated) for an unlimited amount of time for free, by downloading the client software

www.playchess.com

then signing in as a guest. The Wijk ann Zee games start 12:30 GMT and Yassers audio and video commentary normally starts around 1:30 GMT. You also get people like Kasparov and Nakamura giving co ...[text shortened]... tes was rather cute and amusing. A really great place to play chess if you want real time games.
    and you can even chat live with folks from RHP, while watching a lecture by Dennis Monkrousses 😉
  8. Wales
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 12:34
    The Dennis lectures are really quite good, although the openings of the games he normally picks arent the ones I play, KI and all that....still nice to see new ideas which dont arise from the more unsound naff I play. The (IM) Andrew Martin lectures are ment to be amazing too, I never get to seem them tho, broadcast is the same time as my club each week 🙁

Theres a lot more lectures if you can speak german.
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 14:40
    The Dennis lectures are really quite good, although the openings of the games he normally picks arent the ones I play, KI and all that....still nice to see new ideas which dont arise from the more unsound naff I play. The (IM) Andrew Martin lectures are ment to be amazing too, I never get to seem them tho, broadcast is the same time as my club each week 🙁

Theres a lot more lectures if you can speak german.
    I seem to miss Martin's lectures, too. The Monokrousses lectures I can watch anytime for 2 ducats, and then I can pause, rewind, etc. Well worth the 22 cents.

I watched several excellent lectures by Boris Alterman a year ago. I don't know if these are still running, as the time is inconvenient.

I should watch the German lectures to work on the language (chess players have a fairly limited vocabulary, so it shouldn't be too taxing).
  10. Wales
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 15:08
    I seem to miss Martin's lectures, too. The Monokrousses lectures I can watch anytime for 2 ducats, and then I can pause, rewind, etc. Well worth the 22 cents.

I watched several excellent lectures by Boris Alterman a year ago. I don't know if these are still running, as the time is inconvenient.

I should watch the German lectures to work on the language (chess players have a fairly limited vocabulary, so it shouldn't be too taxing).
    The Andrew Martin lectures are saved too, as always 2 ducats to watch, never seem to get around to them myself but watched around 60 hours of Dennis lectures the last few months. It was a massive input of chess ideas that id never come across in my normal play/study. Theres quite a few shows that arent advertised but run weekly mainly hosted by FM's, I saw a fantastic 2 hour lecture about a Pertosian game the other day given by a German FM in english. Its shocking that theres not more people at them given as how anyone can watch for free.
  11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 15:14
    The Andrew Martin lectures are saved too, as always 2 ducats to watch, never seem to get around to them myself but watched around 60 hours of Dennis lectures the last few months. It was a massive input of chess ideas that id never come across in my normal play/study. Theres quite a few shows that arent advertised but run weekly mainly hosted by ...[text shortened]... lish. Its shocking that theres not more people at them given as how anyone can watch for free.
    That's a lot of time with Dennis. I should do the same; I've 90 ducats to burn, and the lessons are better than gambling (another fine feature of playchess).
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 15:15
    BTW, how do you like Kamsky's opening this afternoon?
  13. Wales
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 15:531 edit
    BTW, how do you like Kamsky's opening this afternoon?
    Anands Qe8 looks madness till you see him follow it up with f5 the idea is certainly very intresting, I expect the varition will see a lot more use after this game.

The Topalov game is another screamer, you have to get the feeling Topalov isnt happy unless hes material down, makes for great dynamic play.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree