1. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    19 Jul '04 19:54
    If it takes six men six days to dig six holes, how long will it take one man to dig half a hole?
  2. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    19 Jul '04 21:55
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    If it takes six men six days to dig six holes, how long will it take one man to dig half a hole?
    How do you get half a hole? A hole is a hole in my book.
  3. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    19 Jul '04 23:22
    I dig half a hole, groovy man!
  4. Standard memberopsoccergurl11
    rockin soccer kid
    over there
    Moves
    20 Jul '04 02:27
    im gonna assume it means have the volume, iin which case im gonna say 3 days.

if it takes 6 men six days to dig 6 holes, then it takes one man 6 days to dig one hole. and it takes him half the time to dig half the size hole (assuming he digs st a constant rate) - 3 days
  5. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    20 Jul '04 14:24
    This reminds me of another silly puzzle: If you have a hole in your lawn that is 3 feet deep, 2 feet wide, and 3 feet long, and you fill it with dirt, how much dirt is there in the hole?

Answer: if you fill the hole, there is no hole anymore. I was always kind of annoyed by these puzzles, but some people like semantic puzzles.
  6. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    20 Jul '04 17:14
    Originally posted by eyeqpc
    How do you get half a hole? A hole is a hole in my book.
    Indeed,there is no such thing as halh a hole.
    I found it rather funny 😛
  7. Joined
    25 Jul '04
    Moves
    25 Jul '04 07:11
    Unsolved chess fun...Try to crack this . On your chess board here are 2 Kings...white king on a1 square and the black king on b3. Now from among the remaining pieces , place a third , on the chess board ,such that (a) neither king is in chek!
    (b) neither side can make any legal move
    (c) the position is arrivable through legal moves
    (d) it is not a double stalemate.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '04 01:47
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    half a day/ 1-1-1=6-6-6
  9. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    04 Aug '04 18:53
    Originally posted by sarathian
    Unsolved chess fun...Try to crack this . On your chess board here are 2 Kings...white king on a1 square and the black king on b3. Now from among the remaining pieces , place a third , on the chess board ,such that (a) neither king is in chek!
    (b) neither side can make any legal move
    (c) the position is arrivable through legal moves
    (d) it is not a double stalemate.
    Easy Sarah 🙂

Last move was Black Knight from e4 to d2. Black can't move because it's not his turn, white can't move at all. Neither is in check, and i wonder how you can create a double stalemate with only two kings and one other piece...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree