1. Standard memberThe Plumber
    Leak-Proof
    under the sink
    Moves
    12 Feb '05 18:33
    Draw two straight lines on a flat rectangular surface in any way that you want, and then arrange four pennies on those lines such that each line passes under the center of each of three pennies.

No, you can't draw the second line directly on top of the first line, making one line.
  2. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '05 21:43
    Originally posted by The Plumber
    Draw two straight lines on a flat rectangular surface in any way that you want, and then arrange four pennies on those lines such that each line passes under the center of each of three pennies.

No, you can't draw the second line directly on top of the first line, making one line.
    Draw the lines so that they form a cross and where they intersect stack the pennies on top of each other.

skeeter
  3. Standard memberThe Plumber
    Leak-Proof
    under the sink
    Moves
    12 Feb '05 23:29
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Draw the lines so that they form a cross and where they intersect stack the pennies on top of each other.

skeeter
    That works - of course that's four pennies for each line. I should have said three and only three.
  4. DonationAcolyte
    Now With Added BA
    Loughborough
    Moves
    12 Feb '05 23:57
    Originally posted by The Plumber
    That works - of course that's four pennies for each line. I should have said three and only three.
    Put two pennies on the intersection and one more on each line away from the intersection.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree