1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 May '06 08:49
    Originally posted by BLReid
    How on Earth do you post a riddle for people to solve, then tell them not to solve it? This is just stupid.
    People are generally supposed to PM answers to the riddler, who will then confirm or deny their correctness.
  2. Under Cover
    Moves
    10 May '06 12:48
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    People are generally supposed to PM answers to the riddler, who will then confirm or deny their correctness.
    Wouldn't it make sense to say something to that effect in the original post, then? I'm only in the puzzle forum occasionally, but I've been around RHP long enough to know that new people come and go, and my guess is thaty alot of them do not know this 'rule'. Just a thought.
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    10 May '06 17:04
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I don't visit this section of the form often enough to know that I never really try the puzzles but if I see one I can have a go at then I post. Should I of posted a load of rubbish posts before I post my guess? It was only a guess I answered the riddle with my guess and it was right what more should be expected of me if it's not allowed to post an answer to a question asked.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 May '06 20:53
    Originally posted by BLReid
    Wouldn't it make sense to say something to that effect in the original post, then? I'm only in the puzzle forum occasionally, but I've been around RHP long enough to know that new people come and go, and my guess is thaty alot of them do not know this 'rule'. Just a thought.
    If people aren't going to follow these instructions:

please don't give answer if you know it already

Why would they follow any others?
  5. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    10 May '06 22:32
    Originally posted by uzless
    Next time i'll include a pictogram and alternate instructions in Chinese for anyone that finds "please don't write answer" confusing.
    Because you obviously find english confusing. What you put in quotes here is not the full sentence published above, which nobody seems to have broken anyway.

Uzless you are useless. Don't bother threading anything in any forum until you understand that people might be interested in replying.

There is little worse than someone who challenges you to stretch your brain, you take up the gauntlet and when you find you are equal to the task, the challenger demeans you immediately. "You must have known that already." No way that a chess themed site with braniacs galore (and game brainiacs too) would have some user who could figure out your simple riddle. I don't think we need non-subscribers like you in our forums.
  6. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    10 May '06 22:38
    Originally posted by Gastel
    Because you obviously find english confusing. What you put in quotes here is not the full sentence published above, which nobody seems to have broken anyway.

Uzless you are useless. Don't bother threading anything in any forum until you understand that people might be interested in replying.

There is little worse than someone who challenges you to str ...[text shortened]... igure out your simple riddle. I don't think we need non-subscribers like you in our forums.
    your reply was great untill it became a non-subscriber rant. did you ever consider that maybe somebody would like a test drive before buying, and getting involved with ego-testical people like you😀
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    10 May '06 22:56

There is little worse than someone who challenges you to str ...[text shortened]... igure out your simple riddle. I don't think we need non-subscribers like you in our forums.
    common courtesy to other people not to blurt out the answer. The guy posted his answer with a period instead of a question mark...ie. he knew the answer and wasn't guessing at it....most guesses have a question mark at the end, don't they?

But then again, courtesy isn't something you understand either now is it?

Think RHP wants guy like you as adverstisments to sign up??
  8. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    10 May '06 23:24
    You want to discuss semantics of a period versus a question mark when you don't even quote yourself correctly. C'mon.

And about sub versus non-sub, it is fine to test drive (I did so myself). But don't get all bent out of shape when subscribers who pay to be here find it annoying that you argue a persons correct guess.
  9. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    10 May '06 23:26
    You want to discuss semantics of a period versus a question mark when you don't even quote yourself correctly. C'mon.

And about sub versus non-sub, it is fine to test drive (I did so myself). But don't get all bent out of shape when subscribers who pay to be here find it annoying that you argue a persons correct guess.
    yawn...discussion over
  10. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    10 May '06 23:31
    Originally posted by uzless
    yawn...discussion over
    The reply of a genius. I bet you're 12 or maybe 13 right. I bet I'm right.
  11. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    10 May '06 23:40
    feel the need to get in the last word?
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 May '06 00:09
    Is your reply mature?
  13. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    11 May '06 16:06
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Is your reply mature?
    More mature than "yamn... discussion over". That is the comment of an egotistical idiot.
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    11 May '06 16:12
    You're not paying just to be here. You're paying to get extra perks like tourneys, clans, and unlimited games. A non-sub has just as much right as you do to voice their opinion on the forums.
  15. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    11 May '06 16:38
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    You're not paying just to be here. You're paying to get extra perks like tourneys, clans, and unlimited games. A non-sub has just as much right as you do to voice their opinion on the forums.
    The subs provide far more aid for the site to keep going then a no sub.

If all the subs stopped paying and left then the site would have to close down or downsize.

If all the non subs left no one would batter an eyelid.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree