Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    22 Oct '05 00:49
    Suppose you were in a universe where time ran in reverse,
    you have sex. What would that feel/be like?
  2. Standard member DoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    22 Oct '05 01:42 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Suppose you were in a universe where time ran in reverse,
    you have sex. What would that feel/be like?
    Very boring, and something to be avoided. After you get your nut, you still have to take her out to dinner.
  3. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    22 Oct '05 06:35
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Very boring, and something to be avoided. After you get your nut, you still have to take her out to dinner.
    And what a dinner that would be, eh! You enter the dining hall
    all sanguid and full belly, the maitre di gives you money for the meal
    you are about to regurgitate onto the plates which go to the cooks
    to be uncooked into its constituent parts, meat becomes alive,
    scrambled eggs re-assemble into full eggs, etc. But before all that,
    you have been to her place, when you make love she squirts semen
    into your body while you have a reverse orgasm and you slowly
    stop, start what is now postplay, get up and go to work,
    disassembling parts at the car factory, taking fully working autos
    apart, unmilling engines back into blocks of metal, etc!
  4. 22 Oct '05 10:30
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Suppose you were in a universe where time ran in reverse,
    you have sex. What would that feel/be like?
    Well... Actually I don't think it would be any diffrent at all since the direction time is moving does nothing to reverse causality.

    Defining (loosley) time as movement.
  5. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's about respect
    22 Oct '05 10:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Suppose you were in a universe where time ran in reverse,
    you have sex. What would that feel/be like?
    Time ran in reverse with respect to what? Our perception of it?
  6. 22 Oct '05 10:48
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Time ran in reverse with respect to what? Our perception of it?
    Thats another way of putting it :-)

    Assuming reversed causality. Now THAT, would do some strange things to reality. (strange for us :-) )
  7. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    22 Oct '05 14:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by chasparos
    Thats another way of putting it :-)

    Assuming reversed causality. Now THAT, would do some strange things to reality. (strange for us :-) )
    Yep, its like the universe started by a big diffuse cloud (supposing
    that the fate of the universe is to die an entropy death, galaxies
    going farther and farther apart, eventually even protons evaporating
    into quarks, etc.)
    That universe would start coming together, protons assemble
    themselves from primadorial stuff, galaxies form, trillions of light
    years apart, then they start attracting together and eventually ends
    up in our time, 13.7 billion years from the big bang, except in reverse
    it would be headed to a big crunch. In that scenerio the sun goes
    from being a dwarf star, the forces of it nova going backwards
    reassembles Sol, the planets form from the blasted hunks they
    became back to being regular planets, earth goes from being
    scortched to livable, meanwhile thats where you came in, having
    sex in reverse, going to dinner, going back to work at the auto plant
    disassmbling new autos into its components, etc.
    So how you are born, you are in the grave, they dig you up,
    in a nice ceremony you come to life, do your whole life in reverse, you
    see your kids go from being say, 60 year olds, to younger and younger
    versions, eventually the kid turns into an infant and squishes its way
    back into mommy's womb and 9 months later you have that fateful
    sex......
  8. 22 Oct '05 18:38
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yep, its like the universe started by a big diffuse cloud (supposing
    that the fate of the universe is to die an entropy death, galaxies
    going farther and farther apart, eventually even protons evaporating
    into quarks, etc.)
    That universe would start coming together, protons assemble
    themselves from primadorial stuff, galaxies form, trillions of light ...[text shortened]... nd squishes its way
    back into mommy's womb and 9 months later you have that fateful
    sex......
    Can this be anotherway of explaining why the universe is expanding without needing to invent dark matter and dark energy? We percive stuff in reverse?
  9. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    22 Oct '05 19:08
    Originally posted by chasparos
    Can this be anotherway of explaining why the universe is expanding without needing to invent dark matter and dark energy? We percive stuff in reverse?
    No, just a hypothetical setup where the arrow of time goes backwards.
    Just taking one of the theories, that the universe will continue to
    expand into nothingness and running the movie in reverse.
  10. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    31 Oct '05 02:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    No, just a hypothetical setup where the arrow of time goes backwards.
    Just taking one of the theories, that the universe will continue to
    expand into nothingness and running the movie in reverse.
    The arrow is flying backwards, but we've become accustomed to the direction, so we perceive it as forward.
  11. 31 Oct '05 04:48
    Anyone ever read Time's Arrow by Martin Amis? Its the story of a guy's life told in reverse, starting with death and ending with birth. It has some neat explanations for how things would work if time went backwards, like factory smokestacks actually purify the air, or doctors give you money to make you sick. Very interesting, quick read.
  12. 01 Nov '05 22:26
    There is actually an episode of Red Dwarf (British Sci-fi/comedy series) in which the crew land on a world where time runs in reverse. They are hounded off the planet for starting a bar tidy-up (think about it) because one of the main characters accidentally regurgitates someone else's food! It is also covered in the novel of the series, where a character helpfully pulls an axe out of a man's back, only to discover that he has in fact killed him. As is pointed out, in this version of reality, Hitler is good, withdrawing across Europe ressurecting thousands of dead people. On the other hand Santa Claus enters children's houses every year and removes their favourite toys!
  13. 01 Nov '05 22:47
    This rates as one of the most interesting strands I have ever had the pleasure of unreading.
  14. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    01 Nov '05 22:48
    Originally posted by corp1131
    There is actually an episode of Red Dwarf (British Sci-fi/comedy series) in which the crew land on a world where time runs in reverse. They are hounded off the planet for starting a bar tidy-up (think about it) because one of the main characters accidentally regurgitates someone else's food! It is also covered in the novel of the series, where a characte ...[text shortened]... he other hand Santa Claus enters children's houses every year and removes their favourite toys!
    It's called "Backwards".

    Cor blimey!
  15. Standard member Nemesio
    Ursulakantor
    12 Nov '05 07:20
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Very boring, and something to be avoided. After you get your nut, you still have to take her out to dinner.
    wow