1. Joined
    17 Jan '07
    Moves
    7888
    06 Feb '07 18:00
    Clue: ABCDEFG........PQRSTUVWXYZ (5)

    -----
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    06 Feb '07 20:04
    Originally posted by Griddle
    Clue: ABCDEFG........PQRSTUVWXYZ (5)

    -----
    If the letters H to O were there, the answer would be water. But they aren't, so the water is absent. The answer is drought.
  3. Joined
    17 Jan '07
    Moves
    7888
    06 Feb '07 21:39
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    If the letters H to O were there, the answer would be water. But they aren't, so the water is absent. The answer is drought.
    no .. it is water

    drought has 7 letters not 5

    ..and just noticed the same thread postewd earlier
  4. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    827
    06 Feb '07 22:17
    never seen this puzzle before, except....last week one someone already posted it here 😉
  5. Joined
    21 Sep '05
    Moves
    74995
    07 Feb '07 00:00
    Originally posted by Griddle
    Clue: ABCDEFG........PQRSTUVWXYZ (5)

    -----
    Clue: First half of alphabet can be split (4)
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    07 Feb '07 00:01
    Originally posted by Griddle
    no .. it is water

    drought has 7 letters not 5

    ..and just noticed the same thread postewd earlier
    Drought has 5 letters if you eliminate the H and the O, as you did in your clue. 😉
  7. Standard memberBriscoe
    Consigliere
    Ontario, Canada
    Joined
    25 Nov '05
    Moves
    38481
    07 Feb '07 17:52
    Originally posted by Diapason
    Clue: First half of alphabet can be split (4)
    atom
  8. Joined
    28 Nov '05
    Moves
    24334
    08 Feb '07 07:181 edit
    or more cryptically
    dawn ?

    first half is A.M. and the split between dark and light is at dawn
    just a thought
  9. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    All My Soldiers...
    tinyurl.com/y9ls7wbl
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    08 Feb '07 09:02
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Drought has 5 letters if you eliminate the H and the O, as you did in your clue. 😉
    Clever.
Back to Top