1. Joined
    11 Apr '04
    Moves
    19 May '04 21:54
    okay... Mr. Tidy reported to the police that he was walking to his friend, Mr. Neat's, house, and saw that Mr. Neat had his lights on. He wiped frost from the window and looked inside to see that Mr. Neat lay dead on the floor. After telling the story, the police immediately arrested him. How did they know he was lying???
  2. Standard memberPolynikes
    Spartiate
    Moves
    19 May '04 23:39
    Because it was summertime?
  3. Joined
    15 Sep '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 20:43
    frost forms on the inside of a window.
  4. Joined
    18 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 21:11
    Originally posted by lust
    okay... Mr. Tidy reported to the police that he was walking to his friend, Mr. Neat's, house, and saw that Mr. Neat had his lights on. He wiped frost from the window and looked inside to see that Mr. Neat lay dead on the floor. After telling the story, the police immediately arrested him. How did they know he was lying???
    If Mr. Tidy was going to his frends house, and it was cold enough to have frost then why would he imeditly go to the window. Why not go to the dore?
  5. Joined
    13 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 08:56
    was Mr Neat blind?
  6. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 16:05
    if the light was on you wouldnt need to wipe the frost away to look in....?
  7. Joined
    15 Sep '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 18:33
    This is old. Frost or condensation ALWAYS forms on the inside of a window.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 07:36
    Originally posted by Black Queen
    This is old. Frost or condensation ALWAYS forms on the inside of a window.
    Not true. What about frost on the outside of a car window? If the house had been unheated for some while then condensation could form on outside of window and subsequently freeze.
  9. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 08:40
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Not true. What about frost on the outside of a car window? If the house had been unheated for some while then condensation could form on outside of window and subsequently freeze.
    The light was on, so we can assume the heating was on as well.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 09:42
    I can assure you that there are many people who do not have central heating that automatically comes on. (Or any other magical heating that is controlled by the lights!) My mother being one of them. (She has gas fires.) The man could have got up one winter morning, put the lights on and died before lighting the fires. Very plausible.

But my point was in disagreeing with the statement that frost ALWAYS forms on the inside. I wasnt commenting on the riddle itself which is rather weak even by recent standards.
  11. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    01 Sep '07 01:42
    Also, the wiping of frost does not prove the murder. Maybe he thought he was wiping frost and it was actually a thin layer of snow. Maybe the frost was thin and his hand warmed the window enough to cause the frost to melt and he thought he was wiping it off. Even if he was inside and looking out, this does not prove the murder.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    01 Sep '07 02:03
    Originally posted by lust
    Mr Neat would never have left frost on his windows. Mr. Tidy would never get frost on his gloves.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree