1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    18 Nov '10 20:401 edit
    To One's Duty does it Shirk?

What do good old Gaelic Irishmen drink? Don't tell me it's Guiness or Mickey's.

EDIT - And PLEASE don't tell me it's Budweiser, like the only actual Irish girl I ever met drank...it was bizaare...she had such love and respect for Bud and she CAME FROM IRELAND
  2. Joined
    22 Oct '09
    Moves
    19 Nov '10 15:501 edit
    I think that Irish people drink their traditional products like whiskey.

Their whiskey is the best whikey in the world.
  3. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    19 Nov '10 15:58
    Originally posted by roofSparrow

lol, because it's the only one
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Nov '10 19:16
    Originally posted by roofSparrow

Damn whiskey is so harsh. I tend towards vodka and tequila when I hit the hard stuff, which isn't often any more.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Nov '10 14:43
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Damn whiskey is so harsh. I tend towards vodka and tequila when I hit the hard stuff, which isn't often any more.
    I really throw caution to the wind, have a gin and tonic.
  6. Joined
    21 Apr '10
    Moves
    22 Nov '10 22:44
    Try a whiskey like 'green spot',
    It's nice and mellow, while having a strong flavour (but for god's sake don't waste it by mixing it with anything).
    Although I hear that outside of Ireland it's quite expensive since they only export a certain number of bottles outside of Ireland each year.
  7. Joined
    06 Sep '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '10 05:10
    I had a love of Heineken before i emmigrated, Heineken in the summer and Guinness in the winter.. The problem with Guinness is you're full before you're drunk, the problem with Whiskey is you're drunk before you're full.. Cant go wrong with Heineken (or 10 pints of guinness and 6 whiskeys after).
    NB. Irish Whiskey has an 'E', unlike whisky from other nations!
  8. Joined
    22 Oct '09
    Moves
    23 Nov '10 14:09
    Originally posted by MatthewJones
    Try a whiskey like 'green spot',...
    Altough they have great beers, all i meant by my first intervention, it was well described by MatthewJones.
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Nov '10 20:41
    Originally posted by cathalhnally
    Cant go wrong with Heineken (or 10 pints of guinness and 6 whiskeys after).
    Beg to differ. You go wrong the moment you choose Heineken. If you want to sample a decent Dutch Pilsner, try Brand's Up. If you want a not-too-bad one which is more likely to be available outside this country, at least have the decency to go for Grolsch. Stay as far away from Heineken as from Amstel or (USAnian, not the original) Budweiser.

NB. Irish Whiskey has an 'E', unlike whisky from other nations!

Nope. Irish whiskey does have an 'e', but so do the whiskeys from many other countries, most famously the abominations from the States. And in some countries (like Canada), they make both Irish-process whiskey, such as the (in)famous R&R, which is a Bourbon of sorts, and Scotch-process whisky, such as Glen Breton (which is quite decent, but not spectacular).

Richard
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 23:48
    Originally posted by MatthewJones
    Try a whiskey like 'green spot',
    It's nice and mellow, while having a strong flavour (but for god's sake don't waste it by mixing it with anything).
    Although I hear that outside of Ireland it's quite expensive since they only export a certain number of bottles outside of Ireland each year.
    What about Jamison's 12 year?
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Nov '10 12:031 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What about Jamison's 12 year?
    Quite coincidentally (I normally go for Scotch, but decided to go for a change this time) I have half a bottle of Jameson's 12 year old left. It says "Special Reserve" on the label, for what that's worth. It's quite nice. Not as much character as the best Scotch single malts, but definitely not flat, either. Worth trying.

Richard
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    01 Dec '10 19:56
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I gotta go with fireball rum mixed with gingerale.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree