Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

1. 17 Nov '04 00:07
    TRY PLAYING CHESS WITH A KITCHEN UTENSALS AS THE PIECES IT LOADS OF FUN
  2. Standard member PBE6
    Bananarama
    17 Nov '04 16:40
    No.
  3. Standard member kingofthe303
    Wormtongue
    17 Nov '04 23:52
    Originally posted by PBE6
    No.
    lol
  4. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    18 Nov '04 08:48
    Originally posted by the dominator
    TRY PLAYING CHESS WITH A KITCHEN UTENSALS AS THE PIECES IT LOADS OF FUN
    Not the sharpest knife in the drawer?

skeeter
  5. Standard member TheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    18 Nov '04 13:01
    Knightmare chess is very much fun though...
  6. Standard member PBE6
    Bananarama
    19 Nov '04 16:18
    My version of a nightmare is watching dominator play chess with all his knives and forks and then eating an entire tub of yoghurt with his thumb and forefinger.
  7. Standard member PBE6
    Bananarama
    19 Nov '04 16:20
    BTW, what is knightmare chess?
  8. Standard member Ouermyhte
    Muffy rocks your God
    21 Nov '04 22:56
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Not the sharpest knife in the drawer?

skeeter
    lololol
  9. 22 Nov '04 12:51
    okay well i thought it was funny at the time, woo wee i was so high that day!!!!!!
  10. Standard member TheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    23 Nov '04 10:41
    Originally posted by PBE6
    BTW, what is knightmare chess?
    It's a game brought out by Steve Jackson. It consists of a bunch of cards wich you can use during the chessgame.

Every turn you are allowed to play one card, in addition to a move or in replacement of a move. I'll give some examples of cards:

Eathquake: Rotate the board 90 degrees in a direction. Pawns still move away from the player, and promote if they reach the new last line.

Man of Straw: If you're in check you can play this card to swap the position of your king and one of your pawns.

Curse: Designate a piece to be cursed, it can move no more the 2 squares at a time for the rest of the game.

Split Knight: If one of your knights is in the position to capture two pieces of your opponent, you can now capture both, the knight remaining where it is now.

Many more cards are there to swap positions of your opponents pieces with your own, to castle over the entire length of the board, to have neutral pieces, to have pacifists, to blow up a 3x3 area of the board, to set traps.

It makes a normal game of chess very interesting. The subtitle of the game is also "the original game of chaos on the chessboard"