1. Joined
    11 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 10:29
    ok i think this one is the toughest yet.

remember black to play and win

2. Look behind you
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 20:321 edit
    trick...very tricky...
  3. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 22:50
    Knight to F3 would be my first move?
  4. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 23:13
    Originally posted by uzless
    Knight to F3 would be my first move?
    Was you sentence a question or statement? Make these things clear. Plus you need to produce the complete answer not 'I think I'll move a piece first.'
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 00:49
    Originally posted by Gastel
    Was you sentence a question or statement? Make these things clear. Plus you need to produce the complete answer not 'I think I'll move a piece first.'
    Seems the first move would imply the solution worked out...didn't want to spoil the solution by posting....

besides hadn't worked it all out but it seems the correct move at first blush
  6. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 02:24
    Seems the first move would imply the solution worked out...didn't want to spoil the solution by posting....

Okay... I figured that if I move a piece first then I will get the solution. Didn't want to post the solution though, so I PM'd it.
  7. Joined
    11 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 19:001 edit

i don't thinkanyone will get this solution on their first try grandmasters included (the actual solution required lots of help from nalimov after a number of fairly decent players spent a day on analysis.

however in answer to your original question

i see two responses for white against 1...Nf3
    either
    2.f7! or 2.Bf1!! both defenses are better than they look
  8. Joined
    11 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 17:14
    i didn't mean to scare everyone off, the final endgame is long but the first 8 moves are the key really after that a little finesse and you have a won endgame.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree